Sapphire's brow furrowed slightly in concentration, trying to remember.

"The old man who would smelled? He had large spectacles?" Sapphire asked with a small frown, she wasn't sure if he was the one. Uncle John and her had put rats under a handful of peoples pillow's.

"He also used to mumble to himself and follow us around. He's the one papa and you had cut the hideous creatures into small pieces before putting them under his pillows."

"I remember him. He was very...." Sapphire struggled for the right word. The man had been despicable, not to mention rude.

"Different." Sapphire nodded, the word would have to do. She shouldn't be rude, no need to voice her opinions out loud.

"Yes. Now, can you help me put rats under that brutes pillow. Please." Isabella said as an afterthought.

Sapphire snorted.

"Isabella, Alexander would simply pick the mutilated rats from his pillows and place them down your gown."
Sapphire explained calmly, as if she spoke to a two year old.
Never mind the fact Alexander would put a dissembled rodent down a lady's gown, which of course, is not against propriety at all.

"He would nay dare!" Isabella cried in outrage.

Sapphire shrugged her shoulders, "you're free to test your theory."

Isabella thought hard. She needed to get revenge on that obnoxious boar.

"Come, Sapphire. We need to speak to papa."

"Not we, you, my dear friend. I happen to be fond of Alexander."

Isabella's eyes narrowed into thin slits.

"I see where your loyalty lies." Her words were clipped, even. Something not expected from Isabella.

Sapphire rolled her eyes, trying to hide her amusement.

"Uncle John will side with me."

"We'll see." Isabella said as she grabbed Sapphires arm and tugged her along.

"My lady." Duncan said with a bow and a cheeky grin as he fell in step with Sapphire.

Sapphire smirked. Alexander was no where to be seen.

"Sir Alexander was called for training?"

Duncan snickered. "Aye, the mon was boasting a wee bit on the grounds early this morn. Laird Rivers and laird Knight decided to train him together while you were with lady Mannings."

"Clearly the mon was being a bit too arrogant." Sapphire said with a snicker.

"Cocky bastard he is. Laird Rivers and Knight are using both their sword arms. Tis snowing hard as well. Almost as hard as the highlands." Duncan said fondly as his eyes glazed over slightly. He was quick to recover and with a wolfish grin said.

"Ye should have seen Alex. He turned blue from the snow."

Sapphire frowned.

"How long have my husband and uncle been training."

"Since dawn, milady."

Sapphires jaw grew taunt at the answer. Insolent men! And they say she was one not to listen.

"And they have not come inside since?"

"Nay, milady." Duncan said with a devilish grin. The anger from his lady was tangible. He had never seen Tristan get a yelling. This day seem to grow more memorable as it went on. He couldn't wait.