7| Embarrassment

.• _ _ •.

Chapter 7 - Embarrassment

{Your POV}

[EDITED - 03/21/2020]

— A Week Later —

I inhaled deeply as I sat down on the edge of my mattress.  The house was quiet, filled with looming boredom.  There was absolutely nothing to do.  Aaron was surprisingly sleeping for once—half the time he never does—and strangely, Aphmau didn't visit today like she said she would.

— Flashback —

"Oh, and Aaron, don't forget, I'll be here next Sunday!  Byeeee!"  Aphmau shouted before she shut the door behind her and left down the cobblestone pathway.

Aaron then smiled, waving to his best friend. "Bye Aph!" he said as he watched her figure walk further and further away from him.

— End of Flashback —

The house being quiet was... well, I can tell you that I didn't quite like it.  All I could think about was 'what if Aaron decided to spook me?' I think I'd surely have a mini heart attack right then and there if he did.

Sighing again for the fifth time, I lazily got off my bed and made my way down the stairs slowly, running my hands on the wooden railings all the way down.

I can't stand to be bored with nothing to do.  I would do ANYTHING to not be bored to death today.

That's when I noticed Aaron laying on the couch with his eyes shut; body unmoving.  My body, as if it had its own steering wheel, made me move to where Aaron was.  I paused and looked down at the sight laid out in front of me...

Aaron, asleep...  He looked so... cute while he slept.

'Wha— what did I just say? What is wrong with me?! What is wrong with my bRAIn??'  I screamed mentally to myself, but the more I looked at his sleeping form, the more I wanted to stay.  I felt my cheeks heat up as I crouched down and leaned in towards his face.

"Mmm..,"  he mumbled in his sleep, his hot breath fanning against my nose at our close proximity.

'I wonder... what is he dreaming about?'  I wondered to myself as I closed my eyes, feeling calmness wash over me.

"[Y—Y/n]?"

I felt my body freeze as I heard his voice right by my ear. He was so close... we were so close. I breathed in the air that so quickly escaped my lungs as my eyes opened slowly and unsurely, my body still frozen.

"[Y/n].. what are you doing?"  he asked with a look of confusion, not really caring how close we were at the moment.  He yawned and rubbed his eyes,  "Is something wrong?"

I quickly shook my head and tried to stand, but my wrist was caught by his hand, pulling me back down to him.  Once he let go of my wrist, that's when I noticed how incredibly close I was to him, practically hugging him at this point.