•Rise of the Guardians• 3

Heyoooo Everybody! Iris here once more for part 3!!!! Now this is gonna be a long chapter. I promise you'll get to meet all the Guardians and it'll also be action packed + maybe some sass. :)
-Author❤️

P.S. The edit of the reader's appearance in the photo on top is a drawing of mine. With my finger. On my phone. You're welcome.

••__••__••__••__••__••__••__••__••__••

*You*

It's been 20 minutes since I found out Jack Frost had ruined the last days of Autumn in Burgess and I still hadn't calmed down. I walked down the lit streets passing many other houses filled with laughter and joy. The smell of turkey came from all around me. There were also some houses that were empty, most likely the owners were somewhere else, celebrating. At least they still had Thanksgiving, but they had to suffer it through this sufferable winter cold.
I was beyond mad.

I stomped down the road, eventually stopping here and there to look at the (beautifully) ruined autumn leaves. I stopped near a maple tree with a hole in it's trunk. I looked inside to see a squirrel fast asleep. I backed away and kicked the snow under me in frustration. The animals were already hibernating! This is outrageous! I scoffed and kicked my feet off the ground and into the air. I tried to think of a solution...
I could always turn this winter back to autumn, but the citizens would be so confused at the change of weather. Winter doesn't turn into Autumn. It doesn't work that way. I sighed deeply as I stared down at my home town. I crossed my arms, "Well I can't do anything else here, now can I?" I muttered. I shook my head and made up my mind. I'll leave Burgess and keep traveling south until I reach Virginia. I'll keep working over there. Yeah, that's a good plan.

But I had to do something first.

I flew away from the town, on my way to the forest in my sight. The same forest I visited every year ever since I woke up. I squinted my eyes at the trees on the horizon. There's not a chance that that forest was frosted over too, right?

I was so relieved to find out that it wasn't.

The trees were still the color of orange and browns, most of the leaves had already fallen. I fly over them for a while before reaching my destination. Below me was a blue, sparkling lake, as steady as ever. I could see the moon's reflection on it clearly. I blew on my flute and landed on a fallen log next to the lake's shore. I sat down and stared at the water. It was so calm and steady, so relaxing. I glanced at my reflection in it. I looked worn out and my leaves on my head were paler than usual. I frowned and looked closer at my reflection. My hair looked wilder than ever, even tied up, and my leaves were crumbling. Why was that?

I suddenly saw a glimpse of movement on the water's reflective surface. I gasped and turned around to see nothing. I pursued my lips in thought. I just saw something behind me...didn't I? I looked around for a bit, staying quiet, until I figured it must have been my imagination. As I was about to turn around again, I was met with blue eyes staring at mine.

I had never screamed so loud in my immortal life.

I screeched in fright and, in the process, smacked the creature with my flute across the face. The creature yelped in pain. "Ow! What's your problem, lady?!"

I backed away from it and stared in horror. It seemed to be a person, a boy to be more specific. He had his eyes closed in pain, but I clearly saw them as sky blue. His hair was as white as white can get. He wore a blue sweater, brown pants, and was armed with a staff at hand. I was frightened and I didn't dare speak.

The man opened his eyes to stare at me in bewilderment, "Geez, what's that stick made of?! Bamboo?!" He put his hand up to his jaw and caressed it, still mumbling something about "how much it hurts" or "how he should try it on the kangaroo later" or whatever. I was still staring. The boy had stopped caressing his jaw and looked at me skeptically, "Well now I know you can see me. It's weird though, I don't have any teenage believers."
I couldn't utter a word.
He sighed and knocked his hand against my forehead, "Hello? Anyone in there?" I yelped and covered my head in pain. "Ow!" I said.