My stomach twisted. This time, my answer was so not something Kelly would say. I took another bite of my pizza and chewed. David hadn’t moved yet and the look on his face made my hands sweat. I had to think of something quick.

“After the whole Pete thing, I’m reevaluating my system for choosing the guys I date.”

“I like this new Kelly.” His mouth curved up and he leaned away from the table to watch the band.

“Me too.” I threw him a smile and mimicked his movements, careful to keep a friendly distance from him. “I’m glad you brought me here.”

He patted the spot next to him. “C’mere.”

That spot would put me right up against him. “Friends don’t snuggle,” I reminded him.

“Of course, they do. All the time.” He gave me a mischievous grin. “Hands to myself. Promise.”

Just like every other time we’d hung out, this was a bad idea. Against my better judgment, I faced the stage and leaned into him, then he wrapped his arms around my waist. Warm tingles shot through my limbs.

I craned my neck to say, “I thought you were going to keep your hands to yourself.”

“Trust me, there are other places my hands would rather be. You’re getting off easy.” He grinned.

Suddenly, I couldn’t stop thinking of all the places his hands could go.

Josh Adams came on stage and did his one promised song. When it ended, I clapped until the applause died down.

“Should we hang out longer or get out of here?” David asked, his breath tickling my ear.

And give up this heavenly snuggling? It was for the best. Damn. “We can go now, if you want.”

He jerked his head toward the exit and rose before offering a hand to help me out of the booth. He didn’t leave me much room, so I stood there sandwiched between the seat and David.

“You’re going to drive me crazy, aren’t you?” he asked.

Me drive him crazy? David had it totally backward.

“Oh, look who’s here. David, my boy, get up here,” a voice sounded from the speakers.

David and I looked to the stage where Josh was motioning toward himself and grinning. “David is going to jam with us. Right, buddy?”

“You sing?” I asked.

“That’s a matter of opinion,” David replied with a wry smile. “And taste.”

“Well, get up there, so I can have an opinion, too.” I shoved him toward the band, because I knew I’d probably never have another chance to hear David sing.