I wait for Morgan's footsteps to retreat back to his room but he doesn't move. Right when I'm about to crack open the door to see if Morgan actually went down the elevator, he starts slowly back to his apartment. I press my ear to the cool steel as I wait to hear his door close.

               And when I hear the faint clip, I wait another few minutes before slowly creeping out of the stairwell. Glancing both ways down the hall, I head towards my door, warm coffee still in hand.

               When I'm reaching my key towards the lock, the door across the hall opens.

               I squeal in surprise and Morgan jumps back.

               "Oh, morning, Y/N," Morgan says softly and when I look at him, I see the same look he wore yesterday when he asked if I had a ride home. Guilt.

               'Morning," I manage to get out, my heart still hammering in my chest.

               We stare at each other in uncomfortable silence until I notice how he's dressed. Dark washed jeans and heavy winter jacket.

               "Heading out already?" I ask, unsure of what else to do or say.

               "Oh, uh yeah, breakfast with a few guys," he says looking down at himself and then letting his eyes wander from my toes to my hair, taking a bit longer than truly necessary.

               I shift under his gaze, aware of my sweat stains and mess of a ponytail.

               "Early morning for you as well, looks like," he notes, meeting my eyes briefly.

               "Nothing better to do on a today off I guess. I don't know a lot of people here, or know of anything to really do," I swallow hard in my throat. Why is it so hard to look at him?

               I pass my coffee from hand to hand which catches Morgan's attention. His eyes flash to the cup and I can hear him breathe in.

               Again, his eyes flash to mine and I'm quick to look away, pressing my lips together while looking anywhere but at him.

               "Tim's," he says, a gruffer tone to his words as he nods to my coffee.

               "Tim's," I nod in agreement and reach blindly behind me, trying to get my key in the door. "Well, I won't keep you from your breakfast," I force a smile at him and turn my attention to my shaking hand.

               Morgan is silent beside me as I finally get the lock to click and push my door open.

               "I'll see you later," I say, turning halfway back to him as I move over the threshold.

               "Right," Morgan clears his throat and closes his own door behind him, not meeting my eyes either. "Seven."

               "Seven," I agree and close my door as he takes a step down the hallway.

               Puffing out a sigh, I lean back against my door and close my eyes.

               What is happening to me?

               Then the door vibrates from a knock.

               "Y/N?" Morgan's voice calls and I open my eyes wondering if I had imagined it. But another knock on the door proves that wrong.

               I swing open the door and stare out in confusion at Morgan.

               "Do you want to ride together again? I mean, there's really no reason for both of us to leave our cars at the airport when we live in the same building, is there?" He asks me in a rush of words.