After the rain- Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

“Lil, I don’t know…” The tip of her finger was going blue she was wrapping her hair so tightly.

“It’s been proven that’s it’s more dangerous to drive than to fly.” 

“Did you read that on Google?”

Lilly hesitated; she knew what was coming, “Yes.”

Stormy let out that do-I-really-have-to-explain-this-to-you-again, sigh, “Lilly, when are you going to realize that the world government is controlling us with fake information on the world wide web?” Who still says world wide web? “I mean, I bet you think they really landed on the moon?”

“Didn’t they?”

“No.”

“Please…” Lilly was begging now. “With a hundred cherries on top and stuff like that.”

Stormy could almost taste the panic. Planes were not safe. If humans were meant to fly, they would have been given wings.

“But…”

“Please, pretty please, after all, I need a third bridesmaid.”

“Seriously?” Stormy couldn’t hide her excitement, “Really, you want me to be your bridesmaid?”

“Of course.”

“Hang on, you don’t expect me to organize anything do you?”

Lilly laughed out loud, Stormy couldn’t organize her way out of a paper bag, let alone a wedding, but it was all part of the famous Stormy charm.

“Don’t worry, you know Sue and Val, they’re on it like crazed braidsmaid-zillas’”

“Oh thank God!”

“Is Jess going to be the Damien’s best-woman?” Damien’s bestie was a super-hot lesbian named Jess, and if she didn’t have a girlfriend, Stormy would have liked a little smooch. She’d never kissed a girl before, and figured that if you were going to do it, Jess would be the perfect choice.

“Yes, she’s even wearing a suit.” Lilly added.

“She’ll look totally smoking.”

“She always does. But lets come back to the conversation at hand. The flight?” Lilly knew Stormy was trying to steer the conversation in the opposite direction.

“Please Strom….another guest, one of Damiens cousins Marcus will be on the same flight too, so you won’t be totally alone.”

“Like that’s supposed to be comforting. It’s not like I know him from a bar of Adam…” Another component of the Stormy charm, was her uncanny ability to confuse every idiom that had ever been created. Some of her more interesting ones over the years had been;

Back to the square drawing board

To flog a dead monkey

And everyone’s favorite, don’t count your chickens before they cross the road.

Stormy thought for a second, “Okay what’s this Marcus guys star sigh? If you find that out, at least I’ll be more prepared to meet him.”

“So you’re coming?” Lilly squealed down the phone with excitement.

“I can’t miss your wedding.”

“If you’re really nervous, you can always get one of my brothers magic white pills?”

Again with the do-I-really-have-to-explain-this-to-you-again sigh, “Don’t you know how many toxic chemicals can be found in pharmaceuticals? No thanks. If I’m desperate I’ll chew on some Chamomile stalks.”