Damien POV 10

BURNING MOON IS ON SALE TODAY! IT HAS BEEN A YEAR AND A HALF IN THE MAKING AND I CAN FINALLY SIT BACK AND (HOPEFULLY) WATCH MY BOOK SELL AND REACH READERS ALL OVER THE WORLD. 

I sat on the beach for ages after my swim looking up at the room. I was trying to decide what the right amount of time might be for her to have had her bath and to have gotten dressed. The last thing I wanted to do right now was barge in on a naked Lilly... 

Well... 

No! Jess was right, as far as women went, Lilly was the last women in the world that I should be seeing naked right now. Or hitting on (not that I was) or thinking about, or trying to imagine kissing, which for some inexplicable reason I had been doing every five minutes or so since leaving the airport with her. I couldn't help it, there was something about her that was so different, she was unlike any other girl I had ever met, and I liked that. More than I probably should.

The last girl I'd been out with, Anya Kouklina, or "The Lips and Hips" as Jess had called her was a gorgeous, almost six-foot, Russian model with red hair and legs that seemed endless. She also had, as her nickname suggested, the poutiest lips you'd ever seen. She was, by anyone's standards, totally fucking hot, but also as boring as a burnt piece of dry toast. And Lilly, Lilly was far from boring, and she was also totally fucking hot, in a messy, pink, neon kind of way. A way  I'd never really appreciated before. Until now. 

I stood up and shook my hair, trying to get the excess water out of it and trying to throw those thoughts from it too.  I pulled my shirt back over my head, it stuck to my still wet body and started walking back to the room. Surely she'd had long enough by now, and I was also starving, I wanted to see what complimentary snack they might have brought us. 

As I walked up the stairs to our room I heard a knocking on the door. 

"Good evening, your dinner is ready." A man in a black suit was standing at the door talking to Lilly. I couldn't see her yet, but as I got closer, I realised that only her head was sticking around the door. Her hair was wet, her shoulders were bare... 

God, was she naked behind the door?

"What dinner?" She asked. More of her body peered around and I could see had just climbed out the bath, the towel was still wrapped around her and when I looked at the floor, a puddle was forming around her feet. 

"The romantic dinner on the beach that Mr. Edwards.... " suddenly the man turned and looked at me, as if he had known I was there the whole time. He indicated towards me and the effect was instant. Lilly looked at me and stiffened, she ducked her body behind the door again and peered around it with only her eyes. Blue, blue eyes. 

"The romantic dinner that Mr. Edwards here organised for your wedding night." SI was Mr.Edwards. 

My stomach rumbled at the mere suggestion of food. "That sounds great actually, I'm starving." 

Lilly's head shot out from behind the door again. "No! NO! I don't think so." Her tone was fierce, like the first time I'd heard her speak. 

"But..." the man in the black suit looked confused, "It's all arranged. It is exactly like you wanted Mr. Edwards, it's very romantic."

I nodded slowly and politely at the man, "Thank you." I said playing along. Playing my new role as Mr. Edwards. Husband and organizer of romantic dinners on the beach. 

I suddenly started getting an image of Michael in my head. Was he one of those totally cheesy guys- you know the kind. The ones that smile and say  buddy and ol'pal and sport. The ones that slipped people money and winked at them when they wanted something, the ones that drove around with their windows wide open, hanging their arm out and half their body out the car so people could see who owned that big, shiny expensive vehicle. The kind of guy that knew how many inches he was (girth and length) because he measured himself regularly and then Googled "Average male penis size" and proudly congratulated himself on his big extra length.

Suddenly I didn't like Michael. At all. He was clearly a dick, only a dick would do that to someone they are supposed to love. And if Michael was indeed like the image I had of him in my head, what was a girl like Lily doing with a guy like that? 

"The dinner?" The man in the black suit asked again. "So will you be having it?" I gazed over at Lilly and she looked almost terrified. As if asking her to go to dinner was like asking her to go cage diving with sharks, without the cage. 

"No! NO! Nope." She said again. This time the man actually looked hurt, like he was the one who had organized and made the dinner and was proud of it. I felt sorry for him. 

"Just give us a few moments to talk about it." I stepped forward and patted the man on the shoulder (very Mr.Edwards of me) and approached the forehead and pair of blue eyes that were sticking out from behind the door. 

"But aren't you hungry." I asked Lilly. 

"I am but..." She opened the door a little more and looked at me. Her face was completely make-up free and it was the first time I was seeing her like this and God, she was so beautiful. The moon was behind us and it cast a silver glow across her skin. I looked at her face carefully. It was really hard to imagine why any man would leave her at the altar?

"It's not like I am going to play footsie-footsie under the table with you. If that's what you're worried about." I said. truthfully, the only reason I had said that was that in that moment I was actually imagening it. She was swishing her toes through the puddle of water by her feet and her feet had suddenly caught my attention. 

She suddenly looked up at me and smiled. A big, happpy smile- hang on, did she want me to play footsie-footsie with her, was that why she was now smiling at me like this. 

"Ok, give me a minute to get ready."

She closed the door and I was left standing on the deck alone wondering what was going on between us? 

Maybe I was just imagining things? Maybe I wasn't?

*WHO WANTS TO WIN AN EBOOK OF THE NEW, IMPROVED, LONGER BURNING MOON? IF YOU DO, PLEASE MESSAGE ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL CHOOSE SOME RANDOM READERS TO GIFT ONE TO. YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO CLAIM THIS GIFT WITHIN IN 24 HOURS. 

IF YOU LOVE THIS BOOK, PLEASE REVIEW IT ON AMAZON OR GOODREADS AND SPREAD THE GOOD WORD.