CHAPTER 56- STUBBORNNESS

Next morning Fawaz climbed down his room, as he walked towards the dining table he heard the doorbell. He smiled hoping to find Maha, seeing her will make him so much better. His mind is already upset regarding Miara and her father's untimely demise.

He opened the door and frowned finding a middle-aged person standing there, judging by his white uniform Fawaz guessed he is a driver

'Yes?' Fawaz asked

'Maha madam is in the car, she wants to meet you?' the driver said simply. Fawaz nodded but he is confused as to why she didn't come here.

Fawaz adjusted his Tee following the driver, there is a black BMW parked outside the gate of his bungalow, the back-seat passenger seat has tinted glasses but he could see the shadow of a woman.

The driver opened the door for Fawaz, he peeped into the car. Maha sat there with her arms folded across her chest. She is looking pretty in a yellow and white summer dress with her hair let loose resting on her back, sunglasses resting on top of her head.

'Hey' he said climbing into the car, she turned her head looking at him. He notices her having minimal makeup, just like how he likes it. He smiled at her. She doesn't smile and looked away

'Why didn't you come in?' Fawaz asked after few seconds of silence

'I will come in depending on what you have decided' she said not looking at him but staring at the seat front.

'Decide? What was I supposed to decide?' he asked genuinely confused. Maha looked at him surprised.

'About not seeing Miara ever...'she said like it was obvious, now it was Fawaz's turn to be surprised. He remembered their encounter last night, he had asked her to decide and not the other way around.

'Maha...look... (He placed his hand on her shoulder, she shrugged his hand away) Miara is going through a rough phase in her life, her father has just passed away...you know very well how it feels on losing one's dad. She is blaming herself for this, whereas I am dying of guilt...Maha please understand...I need you now as my support' he tried explaining again

She looked at him and scoffed, 'Moral support or sexual satisfaction...Miara won't be able to satisfy you for now anyway' she said sarcastically.

Fawaz's expression changed from soft to a stern one, he has never felt angrier before. Maha thinks so low of him.

'How can you assume this?' he said through clenched teeth

'Isn't it obvious' she said shrugging.

Fawaz didn't reply anything, he turned around and opened the car door, leaping out he walked away not once glancing back. He is hurt, he had never been more hurt by her words and actions than today.

He knew he deserves her hatred for all the stupid things he has done for his selfish reasons but sexual satisfaction was never there in those reasons. He wished Maha understood him and not just get blinded by her jealousy.

That night Fawaz spoke to Miara ensuring she is all right and if she needed anything, she couldn't even speak properly and kept on sobbing. Fawaz insisted that he come to her home for her, but she refused as her mother doesn't like him and Fawaz understands very well why.

'Fawaz, is there something wrong?' she asked after she had calmed down a little, Fawaz smiled sadly. Even though Miara is too disturbed with everything happening in her life she still senses his discomfort and his worries, he wished Maha could be understanding and little sensitive towards him and this situation.