CHAPTER 31- HER INSECURITY

Just then Fawaz heard a loud door bell ringing, he is jolted from his sleep. He looked around dazed, he is sitting on the sofa in the dark living room. He glanced at the wall clock, its 2am.

He wiped the sweat off his face, he just had a nightmare. The doorbell rang again and he felt nervous. A feeling of dejavu. He hoped the dream he just saw doesn't turn into a reality. He slowly walked towards the door.

He is relieved on seeing Maha and Miara both standing there, Maha had a bright smile while Miara seemed slightly better than yesterday.

'Where were you both?' he asked eyeing them.

'First, let us in' Maha said and pushed past him, Miara smiled sadly as she enters. Maha beamed and wrapped her arms around Fawaz's arm. She looked at Miara.

'Miara you must be tried, you go and rest while I take care of my husband' she winked at her. Fawaz looked at Miara guiltily but she nodded, she looked at him sadly and turned to leave. Maha then looked at Fawaz who is still watching Miara go. Maha pecked his cheek to get his attention. Fawaz looked at her, she smiled at him and then dragged him to their room.

'Maha' Fawaz asked her as they lay together in bed after their lovemaking session

'Hmm...' Maha said snuggling closer to him. Fawaz looked at her sweat glistening on her forehead. Yet her face glowed.

'Where did you take Miara? She seems better now.' Fawaz asked

She looked up at him and frowned, 'I know she is your friend but please don't talk about another woman with me' she said resting her head on his bare chest wrapping her arms tightly around him

'I won't' he smiled, 'but I am curious. You guys left the house so early and returned so late in the night.' he tried to coax information out of her. Maha looked at him again, she propped herself on her elbow and kissed his lips

'First I took her to my work, then to a park and then shopping but we only did window shopping.' She told and Fawaz is relieved. But then he began thinking, still why have they returned so late. 2 am, all shops are close by then.

Maha poked his shoulder with her index finger when he looked at her she pouted, 'but you have such a beautiful and hot wife lying bare in front of you and you are thinking of someone else...not fair' she drew circles on his chest. He smiled and hugged

'But it is late now and hot wifey needs to sleep. Hubby needs to sleep too.' He chuckled.

Maha protested but he hugged her tighter muffling her whining.

***********************

Fawaz woke up around dawn feeling thirsty. He searched for water next to the bedside table but the jar is empty. He shook his head annoyed. He quickly wore his pants and silently left the room, he didn't want to disturb Maha's sleep.

As he walked towards the stairs when he noticed the lights of Miara's room on, he frowned and decided to see if everything was fine. He walked up to the door and knocked.

Soon enough the door opened and Miara stood there, her eyes puffy.

'Miara, you haven't slept? Are you all right?' Fawaz asked concerned, she smiled sadly

'I am fine' she said walking into her room. Fawaz followed her.

'You don't seem well' Fawaz pointed out the obvious.

Miara turned to look at him, 'How can I, Fawaz? I am a human; I can't bear more of this.' she said and then covered her mouth muffling her sob.

Fawaz looked at her confused

She walked up to him and held his hand, 'I love you, Fawaz. I am here for you but (she left his hand) here I am seeing you in arms of another woman... (She looked at his attire) you had fun?' she said sarcastically.

Fawaz sighed, he feels trapped between two women now. One whom he supposedly loves and another his true friend and wife.

'Maha is my wife, Miara. There are certain things she expects from me; I can't deny her that' he explained calmly but Miara scoffed.

'Then what am I doing here, Fawaz. I love you but I don't want your pity...I am leaving tomorrow' she says

Fawaz frowned, what has gotten into her? She has only her parent's house to go but she can't go there. How will she survive alone? Where will she go? Fawaz can't let her roam alone helpless. But he isn't understanding the sudden change in her behavior. She was fine till yesterday and then suddenly now she is behaving oddly. One minute....

'Did Maha say something?' he asked casually.

She looked at him annoyed, 'The entire time I was with her, she kept talking about how much you both are in love and surprising she gave details of your intimate moments as well...it hurts me, Fawaz...my heart bleeds thinking of you being with another woman and the way she was talking...I feel disgusted with you' she said looking away.

Fawaz felt his temper rise, he should have known that everything can't be so simple when Maha is involved. She spoke about their intimate moments, Wow! Who does that? Miara is already hurt and Maha has hurt her even more.

'Miara, you know Maha...she is very insecure...possessive...she has gone through so much in life that is why she has become really rash' he explained

'Why are you concerned for her? She just your friend, right? But I am your love...or am I not?' Miara said irritated.