The crimson-eyed man tilted his head and folded his hands on his lap. The look he tossed me was cunning and it was clear something was on his demented mind. Once I realized what he was implying, I huffed in disgust and got up from the couch. He followed after me.

You will have to build your army one of these days, dear daughter.

"Fuck you for even suggesting I bring that boy into anything as horrific as an evil army! Fuck you for even suggesting any army!" I scolded aggressively.

It may sound distasteful now, but I'm sure you will come to realize the necessity of--.

I slammed my bedroom door on him, cutting him off briefly. He appeared a second later with an annoyed expression.

That wasn't a very mature move.

"Go away," I grumbled, tossing my blanket aside so I could lay down on my bed.

Elizabeth, dear.

"Shut up," I muttered, lying in bed and turning away from him. I closed my eyes, trying to block out his presence from my mind. Then, he patted my head.

Think about it.

"No.."

It wouldn't kill you to muddle it over...

"But a decision could kill others," I said.

Elizabeth...

"What I could think about," I started, "is you getting your brains blown to bits. Or maybe I could imagine myself gouging out your eye like you did to mine. Or I could gut you like a fish. Or skewer you on a spike and watch you bleed out. You're in my head, so maybe if I think hard enough, those fantasies can come true."

That isn't possible, but you're imaginative, at least.

"Go. Away," I hissed, covering my head with my pillow.

Will you think about it?

"I am not recruiting Reese," I said.

That's so much potential wasted, though...

"Screw off and let me sleep. It's been a long night," I mumbled. The former Lord of Chaos sighed.

Fine, fine. Have a restful sleep, then.

With that, the room fell silent, and I felt relieved knowing he was gone. At least, I thought so at first.

By the way, Caedis is still outside.

At the mention of Caedis, I cursed under my breath and got out of bed. I hurried to the front door of the cabin and opened it to see the white-haired man sitting on the porch, motionless. Groaning, I walked up to him and tapped his head.

"Did you finish taking care of the weeds and everything?" I inquired. He gave a single nod. It was too dark to see the yard but I believed him.

"Come inside," I ordered, walking away without a glance.

Once the both of us were in the cabin and I closed the front door, I got a good look at the mute soldier. His hands were covered in a thin layer of dirt and his clothes were stained green in some areas from grass. His boots have seen better days, too.