Well Now You Know

edited version published may 29th, 2020

Your POV

I wait for Oikawa at the front gate, and after ten minutes, he finally comes out from the school. "Where were you?" I inquire, secretly glad that I'll get to spend more time out of the house. "It's been ten minutes."

Oikawa just shrugs, grinning as if he doesn't have a care in the world. "Sorry Savage! My fans wanted pictures. But do you know what I want?"

"I dunno. An ass? Iwaizumi's love and affection? A new partner?"

He whips around, appalled. "Iwa-chan DOES love me! And I know you're trying to change the subject, (Y/N). I'm not stupid." I almost object, but Oikawa is in advanced classes... which unfortunately makes him one of the worst types of people to deal with.

Specifically, a nosy, privileged bitch that feels entitled to anything, including information. And sure enough, Oikawa insists on invading my privacy. "I want answers. What was up with that depressing quote? Blah blah blah scars, blah blah blah pain. If you're trying to be edgy, you have nothing to worry about. You have plenty of edges."

"It's none of your concern."

"Well, I'm concerned."

"It's nothing, OKAY?!" I say, unable to resist raising my voice. A stiff silence surrounds us as soon as the last syllable dies on my lips. Jesus, Y/N! Why did you write down an edgy quote you found on Pinterest?? You should've put something unsuspicious, like 'No matter how hard you try, or what you do, there's always an Asian better than you.' Aghhh.

Well, I can deal with that later. Oikawa's bound to lay off after we complete this project anyways. I straighten and begin walking in the direction of the local library. "You know what? Let's go to the library and work on the poster."

Somewhat reluctantly, Oikawa follows me from a distance, and we walk without saying a word.

Time Skip~ Ten Awkward Minutes Later~

"THEY'RE CLOSED?!?!" I exclaim in disbelief. Oikawa sighs, but he doesn't seem phased.

"Looks like It's closed for remodeling." He points out, not sounding upset at all.

"Well duh, genius! What do we do now?" We definitely can't work at my house- he'd probably call the cops, and I didn't bring money for a cafe, and Oikawa's house is out of the question-

As if on cue, Oikawa clears his throat. "We could work at my house." He suggests.

"Wait, really?" I ask, caught off guard. A girl going to a boy's house is an unspoken taboo here in Japan; plus, why would Oikawa want to invite me to his home? We both want nothing to do with each other. So why is he offering?

He's probably used to taking girls home. Maybe I'm just his catch of the day.

But what Oikawa says next is surprisingly reasonable. "My house is three minutes away from here, and it's air conditioned. It's convenient and will save us some time, so it's our best option." I stare at him, not knowing how to respond. Is Oikawa actually capable of critical thinking? "No, I'm not going to assault you." Oikawa scoffs, mistaking my newfound respect for wariness.

My shoulders slump. I can't say I'm excited about entering Oikawa territory, but it does sound convenient, and I can't think of a better solution. There's no way out, so I oblige.

"Fine, fine... lead the way, Oikawa." I mutter, mentally preparing myself for an extremely awkward study session. He'll probably complain the whole time- after all, who would want to host the savage nerd girl?