11] come on, listen to me

Comenzar desde el principio

Namjoon shook his head, "She's expecting you already? Like, you made plans?"

"Yeah."

"Then you should go."

"But what about the track? We haven't finished all of the raw files, much less practice it together with the instrumental track," Yoongi argued. He couldn't let Bang PD or Namjoon or any of the other staff down. Not after his slip up that happened less than a week ago.

"Come in early tomorrow. 6 am. We can finish it then. The track doesn't have to be completely finished by the concert, but it needs to be done by the following day at least. We're supposed to put it on SoundCloud. Otherwise, we wouldn't have needed to record it with such precision," Namjoon made a counteroffer, seemingly trying to make allowances for Yoongi.

"Are you sure?" Yoongi felt uneasy.

"Look, man. I haven't known you for very long. But the fact that you have already told me so much about Y/N makes it obvious that she's an important part of your life. Don't neglect her just because of the concert," Namjoon said matter-of-factly, reaching for the power switch on the back of the computer.

"I'm not neglecting her, okay? I'm just trying to put work first right now," Yoongi began to defend himself, cheeks heating up in anger and embarrassment.

"That's your problem right there. You've been stressed all week because you're worried about her, and yet you haven't even taken the time to go and see for an afternoon," Namjoon's eyes narrowed.

"Isn't that a bit out of line for you to say? I haven't seen her because I haven't had time-"

"That's not true," Namjoon cut him off, "That's an excuse, and you know it. You haven't gone to see her because you're scared. You told me that yourself."

"Hey, that's not fair. I didn't tell you that for you to use it against me," Yoongi was growing angrier by the second, but he wasn't sure if he was really all that angry at Namjoon. Maybe he was just angry at himself.

"I'm not using anything against you, Yoongi. I'm trying to be honest. If we're going to work together and have any kind of relationship- coworkers or friendship- I'm always going to be honest with you. And that includes telling you the truth, even when you don't want to hear it," Namjoon said calmly, clearly having a much easier time at controlling his emotions than Yoongi was. "It's not fair for you to keep pushing her away because you don't want to deal with the issues. If you really care about her like you say you do, then man up and act like it. If you don't want to deal with the issues, then break up with her. It's not fair to string her along and make her be sitting by the phone, waiting for you to call."

"I'm not stringing her along!"

"Are you sure about that? Does Y/N even know how you really feel about her?"

"If she didn't, then she wouldn't be my girlfriend," Yoongi snapped, rising from his seat, prepared to leave the room.

"What have you told her then? Have you told her what you've told me? Huh?" Namjoon pressed, seemingly grow more irritated and frustrated.

"I confessed that I liked her! I'm her boyfriend! What else is there?" Yoongi already knew the answers to his own questions, he just didn't want to admit them to himself.

"Yoongi, take a minute and really think about this! Her knowing that you "like her" is not good enough if you're going to be gone all the time. That's not good enough if you're going to go days without even bothering to call. All I'm trying to say, is that from an outsider's point of view, you aren't being fair. If you really care about her, stop for a minute, and consider her feelings. Not just your own," Namjoon insisted.