Chapter 5

There are some sexual contents in this chapter. And after this, things are going to start to get interesting, and not in a good way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Max and his buddies stood around a small table with a beer in the middle and cards around it. They were playing Circle of Death, a drinking game. Each card represented something, and they had to put the card in between the cap and the can. Whoever popped it had to chug the beer. I watched as Max’s friend Ryan pulled an Ace, waterfall. The rule was that Ryan would start drinking, and everyone would join, and when he stopped, then it would go clockwise. The person next to him would stop, then the next, and so forth. The person who pulled the ace could drink as long as they wanted. The group of boys were already on their third game and were pretty drunk by now.

                I wasn’t really in the mood to drink because I had to drive home. There was no way I was going to drink and drive. Instead I just sat and watched them, occasionally joining in on the conversation. I liked Max’s friends. They were nice to me and made me feel like family.

                Once the game was over I followed Max into the kitchen to get more beers. When we were by the fridge he looked over to me. I could tell he was wasted because his eyes were a little red and droopy. He also moved real slowly. “I think Jim likes you.” He said bluntly.

                I raised my eyebrows at his comment and laughed. “Are you kidding me? No he doesn’t.” I said.

                He scoffed and stepped closer to me. “Maybe you’re right. I don’t know why I’m paranoid, though. I don’t have to worry about you being with another guy.” He said and kissed my lips.

                I smiled at him. “Of course you don’t. I would never cheat on you.” I assured him.

                He chuckled softly and reached into the fridge to grab some beers, then handed me a couple so I could help carry them. “That’s not what I’m worried about.” He stated.

                I was confused by what he said. “What are you worried about then?” I asked.

                He looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. I mean, you’ve told me plenty of times that I’m your first real boyfriend. I mean, I could see why.”

                My jaw dropped at what he said. “What?!” I asked, shocked and a little upset.

                “Baby, don’t worry. I love you and that’s all that matters. I just could see why because you’re so shy sometimes. And I mean, you don’t really dress to impress.”

                I looked down at my outfit: skinny jeans, a white shirt, and a blue hoodie. I thought the outfit was cute, why didn’t he? “Well, I don’t need to impress anyone, seeing as how I have you.” I half smiled.

                He nodded his head. “Well sometimes I like when you dress nice. Show something off a little. But not too much. Don’t want you to look too slutty and have too much hanging out.” He told me.

                Too much hanging out? I hoped he was talking about my cleavage and not suggesting that I was fat. “Okay.” I said softly and looked away from him.

                “It’s okay. It’s not you, it’s the guys now-a-days. They like the sticks. They’re too picky and look for perfection.” He said.