Chapter 3 -Big Hat Ryan Tries Online Dating-

Big Hat Ryan had locked himself in his chambers for weeks without eating any food or drinking water. He simply sat in a chair with a blank expression and the curtains closed, staring off in the darkness of the room.

Faiemlie's death had been too much for him. He now realized his own weakness and he hated himself for it. Why hadn't he devised a way to prevent her from dying? He had so much time to do so, but he just took those days with her for granted.

"Father, are you alright?" Big Hat Ryan's eldest son enters the room donning the attire of a knight.

"No . . . no . . ."

"Well is there anything I can do to help you!?" his son says in desperation.

". . . Can you bring her back, son . . .? Bring your mother back . . .?" The first prince looks down with a solemn expression. "No . . . it's impossible isn't it? Then do this for me." His son raises his head to look at him once more with a hope in his eyes. "If you find someone you truly love, someone you can trust whole heartedly . . . Don't let them go like I so foolishly did."

"Yes, Father." His son bows to him.

Big Hat Ryan gets up and walks to open the curtain. "This kingdom . . . I've spent thousands of years building it." Futuristic flying cars whizz through the sky and the electronic buildings raise high into the sky. "I leave its future to you now."

Big Hat Ryan opens the window, letting a gust of wind through the room. He looks to his wonderstruck son once more and leaps out, wearing only his royal robes and big hat. His son rushes to the window and calls out to him as he falls into the black abyss below.

. . . . . . . . .

Big Hat Ryan sits in his one bedroom apartment with a dreadful stench about him and an overgrown beard. He lies on his couch amidst the trash of empty Snickers wrappers and KFC buckets.

He pulls out his gold IPhone 7S Plus and installs Tinder...

Big Hat Ryan finds himself at a fine dining table in the back of McDonald's where soon a young blonde lass comes to accompany him.

"So what do you do for a living?"

"I'm Big Hat Ryan," he says confidently with a smile—a successful date.

The two of them laugh hystericallyand tap their wine glasses together.