12

The Arcade

That day, I decided to go straight home and stay inside my room. I really did not want to see my father, because after what those girls said to me, I didn't want to ask him about it. It was probably an uncomfortable issue, something he regrets about his career.

And I suppose it wasn't that bad. Maybe like normal rappers, calling people a bitch and stuff. Yeah, it was something pretty dumb, but it wasn't something to go nuts over.

Boy was I wrong...

I was listening to some of his lyric on the way home, and it was the most disgusting stuff I'd ever heard. He talked about raping lesbians, calling girl sluts... I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

And the drugs? I searched it up, and it was true. He was addicted to some sort of pill, later on running, he almost died...

When I arrived home I said nothing.

"Oh, hi sweetie how was your—"

I slammed the basement door before he could say anything. I couldn't talk to him, I couldn't look at him knowing what horrible things came out
of his mouth. I was hurt, I felt awful knowing I was related to him.

"It's probably just her period." I heard Alaina say, I could feel her eyes rolling.

"She's upset..." Hailie pointed out.

"When is she not?" Whitney commented.

"Guys, she's been going through a lot. Look, I'll go talk to her."

I was now crying, tears were rolling down my cheeks and I could feel them sting against my skin. I had said it a million times, but I wanted to go home. I wanted to move away, live my own life, I didn't want anything to do with them.

They weren't my family, they were just strangers with the same blood. I didn't know them, and turns out the more I did know the worse.

I heard my door creak open.

"Are you ok?"

"How could you have said those things?!" I clutched my fists. "Raping lesbians? Sluts?! Do you know how awful I felt when some classmates asked me how I felt about that? Was I suppose to find out by myself?"

His face was milk white, but mine was red. Anxiety and stress took over my body, my body tensed up.

"I was going to warn you ab-"

"About what?! About how you're sexist? About how you're racist?!" I yelled.

"That wasn't my fault, it was what the public wanted at that point. Controversy, you know I'm not really like that, you know I care about women's rights."

"Controversy? You wanted more fame? More money? You didn't even think about your daughters, how this could affect us by any chance?"

"Of course I did, I needed more money to keep Hailie alive, to help your mother when she was pregnant with you."

Tears kept rolling down.