B E A U T I F U L R O M A N C E

let me cater to you

Whistling wind blows and ferocious waves beat against the shoreline

Whistling wind blows and ferocious waves beat against the shoreline. The soothing sounds become her comfort in the moment. Her legs are up against her chest as her head lulls against her knees, and her arms wrap around them. She has been sitting in that spot for at least and hour now gazing into the open ocean. It was starting to get dark and she's getting restless. The sun slowly melts over the horizon, descending beneath the earths core as Samantha waits in the beige sand for her lover.

She finally stands to her feet after several minutes are wasted and walks away from the shore. Her sandals collecting sand as she slowly sloshes her feet into muddy waters. With her chin to her chest and eyes cast to the ground, she bumps into an unsuspecting person. Stunned, she allows her eyes to swallow the tall gentleman peeking down at her. His stark white teeth wedges into his bottom lip, and her doe-eyes gently bore into his one grey eye and one hazel eye.

"I'm sorry–" He apologizes before she says anything. She takes in his rugged features: from his smooth olive tone skin, to the scruffy hairs made to be his goatee, to the masculine jawline, it all makes her flush as she shakes her head.

"Liar, you told me to be here an hour ago–" she gazes at the jewelry on her arm—which was given to her as an apology gift—her nostrils flare as she gazes at the time. "–I've been waiting here for a half longer than I should be. And you think sorry is gonna fix this?"

His tongue glides over his smooth lips before the smirk on his face drops into a straight thin line. "I mean I'd hoped that once you saw me your anger would subside. Babe, I'm so sorry—let me make it up to you." He asks, placing his right hand under her chin. His soft touch sends a long shiver down her spine, causing her knees to buckle just slightly. Her dark brown eyes stare at him intensely. 

"You can't make it up to me Ben. I'm so tired of waiting for you to make me a priority!" She says brushing pass his tall stature to take the short walk to her house.

"Come on, Manna—give me another chance. I promise, I'll make it up to you, babe. Let's just go back to the house and I'll do anything you want." His firm arms slowly clamps under her arms hugging her body close to his. A soft exhale escapes her mouth as she fought with herself on his behalf. She knew he has issues as far as relationships were concerned, but she didn't expect it to be this bad. He's forgotten her birthday, he's forgotten their anniversary, and this little date they were supposed to have tonight he forgot that too. Other things seem to take the forefront while she always took a back seat. 

Finally reaching the car, Benjamin opens the door for her allowing her to climb in. He jogs around the car to the other side and slouches comfortably into the seat. "I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have let something else keep my attention." Samantha rolls her eyes—nods, while looking out the window. The city lights have taken the place of the sun and shine brightly against Samantha's toffee skin.