Chapter 22 - Building a Den!

Suddenly, I hear a shout. It was Travis.

"Zane, I'll be right back." I hurry off.

"TRAVIS! ARE YOU OKAY?!" I ask, worried out of my mind.

"I-I'm fine. Care to help though?!" He's struggling to hurl someone off him as he fights.

"Right!" I grab him and pull him back up. "We need to leave. Find somewhere to stay. We're only teens, Travis! We need to go! Now!" He nods and we run off. Zane sees me, but not Travis and silently follows along, not being seen.

We arrived in a clearing. I went off to get some wood.

Zane watches her go off and that's when he sees Travis. Quietly, he comes forwards with his claw-like-hand.

"You followed her here, didn't you? Spy!" Zane points his claw-like-hand to his neck, thinking about his tack ticks.

"H-hey! I'm no spy! You're the spy here!" Travis taunts back.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM?! A LOSER? THAT'S YOU!" Zane remarks with Sass.

Suddenly, he hears a rustle from the leaves. If it was true, and she did lead him there, he should hide. He gave Travis a death stare (which was off somehow) and then jumped in a bush.

"I've got the wood, Travis!" I come back, with branches both in my hands AND in my hair.

"C-cool! Come on! Lets build the den." I nod and we start. We finally finish the den after what seems like forever.

"T-thanks..." Travis blushes. I flash a smile. He turns into a Tomato again.

Zane glares at Travis from inside the bush. He's been sitting in an uncomfortable position for hours now, watching, waiting, bushing.

We go inside our den. Zane's eyes flash a bright red for a second, before then turning back to the normal, dim, dark, dank black. (Srry, had to put at least some Danisnotonfire reference there!)

He sneaks closer, slipping right next to the den, but still hidden enough. It's also convenient for him because he can see through the branches there. Travis and Wolf are sitting on different sides of the den. Travis is sleeping soundly and Wolf, well... she's murmuring weird things in her sleep... She's having a nightmare!