A Different Kind of Hospital

Joey's POV

I woke up in this strange room with tons of questions bombarding my mind. Why was it all padded? Why was I in a straightjacket? Who brought me here? Then, it hit me...

I'm in a mental hospital.

A doctor in a long, white robe opened a door from the outside and stepped into my little room, closing the door quickly behind him. He stepped towards me.

"Hello Joey. Welcome to Calm Springs Mental Hospital. You may be feeling a bit alarmed and stressed, but there's no reason. Here at Springs, you'll have a speedy recovery and be out of here in no time." I was completely perplexed.

"Recovery?"

"Yes, it appears that you have a mental condition that must be taken care of. You were found stumbling down the sidewalk, mumbling odd phrases to yourself, and a concerned passerby reported you to the police. So welcome and we wish you the best of luck with your recovery. By the way, my name is Dr. Stevenson," he said as he walked out the padded doorway before I could ask any more questions.

**6 MONTHS LATER**

I've officially been in this hospital for half a year. The employees are very kind, but I still don't think I belong here.

I was sitting in a therapy chair, waiting for the attractive therapist to come back with my file. I heard a loud bang and a series of shrieks and screams. I didn't think anything of it. It was probably one of the patients acting up, that happened every once in a while. But this was different. I heard someone barking orders for people to get in a line against the wall, gunshots, and more screams.

Two tall men bursted into the therapy room I was in. They grabbed me by the arms and dragged me out, throwing me into the pile of other people. When I recovered from the fall and stood up, I saw another line of people standing across from us. They seemed so be scanning us up and down.

"Take your pick," said one of the men that threw me out here. Finally, it hit me:

We were being sold as slaves.

_____

MAJOR PLOT TWIST!!!!!

I'm sorry I haven't updated in like a month, I've been reallyyyy busy.

And sorry this chapter is short, I decided I was going to break it you to multiple chapters.

So this book has 2.4k reads.

I.

Can't.

Even.

Thank you so much for all of your positive feedback!

Byeh:)