Prom?

He knew how perfect she wanted this night to be; it was prom, of course. He couldn't help but blame it on himself. If only he had been the one to ask her to the dance, to be the one who took her to dinner, entertained her in the car, and walked her into the dance, while every single pair of eyes were on her. But he hadn't taken that risk. He had left her to go with a conceeded jerk, to have to pay for her own meal, messing with her cuticles in the dead silent car, as well as both mental and physical scars, deep wounds that would take forever to heal. He cut his engine when he pulled up to her house. She was home alone, not awaiting any visitors. This is it, he told himself. Tonight is the night I will finally have what always should've been mine. He opened his door and stood, checking for any flaws in his appearance, as if he didn't have enough already. He grabbed the warm, brown, slightly greasy bag along with the white roses he had picked up on the way. His nervousness was so obvious as he approached her front door. He stood for a minute before ringing her doorbell. The main door opened. Through the screen her saw her: pajamas, messy hair, smudged makeup; yet still completely perfect. "Andy?" She said as she unlocked the only object between them. She pulled the door open, and he took a step forward, setting down the items that occupied his hands, gazing down at her. They stood there frozen, until it happen. Like a flash of lightning, completely unexpected, he kissed her. And surprisingly, she kissed him back. He pulled back a little, eyes open, lips gently brushing each other's.
"May I come in?" He said, grabbing the bag and bouquet. She stepped to the side of the door, leaving a path for him to walk. She was a beaming ray of sunshine.
-
-
-
-
-
Hi! I hope you liked my first poem/story!! This was written around December 2016 and it is now May 2017. I will try to write more and keep you updated. Let me know any suggestions or what you liked in the comments!!
Thanks
-Gracie