Friends?

A/n: I'm just realizing how difficult this one is going to be. It'll be everywhere, so sorry in advance. Anyway please enjoy.

~~~~~~~

Haru and Rin got onto two platforms getting ready to race. We all got out of the water to let them race. I wrapped myself in Nagisa's jacket and was standing next to him.
"As usual, no matter how hard I try I just don't understand you." Rin said to Haru while he put his googles. "You ready?" Rin asked.

"Of course I'm ready. I think the real question is, are you?" Haru asked. Rin looked slightly shocked, but it turned into a smirk.
"If you're trying to piss me off or something," he said as his face turned to anger. "Congrats, because it's working." He said showing his pointed teeth. Haru looked over at us.
"Hey Makoto, we'll start swimming when you give us the signal." Haru said facing back forward and putting his googles on.

"Yeah, sure thing." Mako replied. I was nervous. Haru hasn't raced in a while, so it's fifty-fifty who will win.
"Just a freestyle race. 100 meters." Rin told him as they got into position. Both looked determined to win, but their could only be one winner.
"Ready," Mako said loudly. "Set, Go!"

The two of them launched of the platform into the water. Even though this race was supposed to be serious, I couldn't help but admire how graceful their dives were.
"Rin has a stronger kick, but I think Haru's stroke is faster." Nagisa evaluating the race.
"You're right, however this plays out, it gonna be close." Mako told us. I was hoping Haru would win, but secretly hoped Rin won. This is going to be close.

*Rin's POV*

It was 2:21 am, and I laid on my bed in my dorm looking at the top bunk. I was thinking about (Y/n). 'Did I ruin my relationship with her?' I winced at the idea. She was always stubborn after I got to know her. She never let anything go until a few months, or you made it up to her. Leaving to Australia without telling her was the hardest part. I started thinking back to when we were kids.

~Flashback~

I was standing with Makoto and (Y/n) as we watched Haru and Nagisa race. I saw (Y/n) admiring the water.
"How about a race (Y/n)?" I asked with a smile on my face. She looked at me with shock and hid behind Makoto. He laughed at her doing that, but I felt a little hurt by her doing that. Nagisa had just gotten out, and he ran up to her.

"(Y/n)!? Why aren't you in your swimsuit! You promised me last time that we would race!" He said sounding upset. I was confused and a little jealous at the fact, but I did meet her a few days ago. I heard her whimper slightly and heard Makoto chuckle.
"It's okay (Y/n), just go get a drink of water." He said kindly to her. She looked up at him in shock and it looked like she was looking for approval. He nodded with a smile, and she nodded her head confidently and walked away.

"What's was that about?" I asked Makoto. I then saw a person, about the size of (Y/n) step on a platform with Haru. I noticed some hair that looked longer than a boys hair, and realized it was (Y/n)! I was about to shout her name, but she had already dived in with Haru. I was in awe how she did her freestyle.

It was neck and neck against the two, but Haru had won. (Y/n) gasped for air and slammed the water with her googles. She stepped out and had a look of anger on her face.
"Mako! I told you not to use my gear!" She said looking up at him, showing her googles. Makoto started laughing.
"Why do you blame me?" He asked trying to be innocent.

"Because this is my third pair scratched up!" She said crossing her arms. Her hair was soaked and dripping down her shoulders and face. She looked at me and I saw her face turn a bright red. She looked down and played with her hands.
"Good job (Y/n)! So do you wanna race now?" I asked cautiously. I saw her slightly nod her head, and we got into position. We raced the rest of the day.

~End of flashback~

As I was thinking this my phone started buzzing.I sat up and grabbed my phone that was next to me. "Gou?" When I read the message, I tossed my phone away from me to the other end of the bed. "Damn it!" I said through gritted teeth.

From:Gou
Subject:
Did you get to see Nanase-san and the other guys?

'This sucks! Does this mean I'll never beat him!' I thought grabbing the front of my hair angrily.

*(Y/n) POV*

I was laying on my bed, contemplating if I should call Nagisa. I looked at the clock. '2:34. You know what, let's do it.' I said to myself as I went to look for my phone. I looked everywhere, and couldn't find it. I scratched my head and thought to where I put it. Then it dawned on me. I forgot it at Samezuka. I groaned. I changed into more comfortable clothing and grabbed my jacket, and started my journey to Samezuka.

~Time skip~

I finally made it there. I wrapped my arms around my figure and started walking on the illuminated walkway. "There's the dorms, there's the library, I think. Damn it." I said to myself. "Let's see...hah! Bingo." I said jogging to the building where the pool was. I started looking to where I was when we were there. I went to where we looked in. I couldn't get inside because they locked it. I stomped my foot on the ground in anger. I started walking back the way I came. I walked in front of this one building that looked like a dorm building.

"(Y/n)?" I heard a voice say. I stopped in my tracks and turned around, to see the shark toothed boy. "What are you doing here?" He asked curiously. He took a few steps forwards. He was the last person I want to see right now. I rolled my eyes and started walking away from him, until he grasped my upper arm. I jumped and looked at him. "Can you please answer me?! I miss talking to you, normally." He said with anger lingering.

"Let go of me Rin!" I asked him sternly trying to pull my arm away.
"Not until you talk to me!" He slightly shouted at me. I tried prying his hand off, but he kept his grip on me. He didn't tighten it, but he didn't loosen it either. I sighed looking down, and was trying to hold back my tears.
"Please, let me go." I asked with my voice cracking.

"Just talk to me." He asked kindly. His grip loosened. I started crying, as the tears fell down my face I was trying to think to why I was crying. I snapped my head up, which made him jump.

"You want me to talk to you?! How about you talk to me?! Tell me when you're going to be leaving for five years! Do you know how much trust I put in you?!" I said yelling at him. I didn't care if we got in trouble, I needed to get my feelings out. "I thought I did something to drive you away all through middle school, and I had to find out from the guys you left to Australia the day after the relay!" I continued. Rin looked shocked and I think... guilt?

"When I found out you left, I thought you would have let me know where you were yourself, not have your friends, oh no, wait, have your 'pathetic' friends tell me." He removed his arm and looked down at the ground solemnly. "And then you come back, and treat us like little bugs, pestering you." I said quieting down. I took a deep breath and looked at him. He was silent. "Is that enough talking for you?" I asked harshly. I went to walk away, but he grabbed my wrist. I stopped, but was turned away from him.

"I'm sorry, okay? Is that what you want? I'm sorry I broke the trust we had for each other. I'm sorry (Y/n). You're the only light in my life right now. Please, forgive me?" He said with his voice cracking. I turned to look at him and I see him crying and looking down. I sighed. I turned to face him, and he looked at me with watery eyes. I put my arms open, and he immediately clung on to me. He wrapped his arms around my back and nuzzled his head in my neck. I rested my head on his shoulder and started crying myself. We stood there for a few minutes before separating.

"Friends?" He asked. He had a hopeful glint in his eyes.
"Not so fast. Just because I hugged you doesn't mean I forgive you." I told him crossing my arms. He sighed, but nodded regardless.
"Oh, by the way. This thing as been buzzing in my pocket for the past few minutes. Yours I presume?" He questioned jokingly. I chuckled and took the phone he showed me.
"Where did you find it?" I asked.
"Before we left the building I saw it on the ground, I ran back to pick it up." He told me. I nodded and looked at my phone.

"What the heck?! 32 texts and 24 missed calls! And there all from Makoto!" I said shocked. Rin came next to me to have a better view of the phone, and started laughing.
"I suggest you get home soon. You know how Makoto is." He told me. I rolled my eyes. I started walking away from him while I waved. He waved slightly, and started heading the other direction. I decided to give Mako a call before he has a heart attack.