• Tomoe •

Four years afterwards...

~ ~ ~ | {Kyouko's P.O.V.} |

Thunk...!

A few seconds passed before it struck again. Twice this time.

Thunk... Thunk...!

I rolled over in my bed with an unfiltered groan.

    A quarter of my sleepy self wondered what that stupid noise was, but the rest of me was too tired to give a shit. I knew that my roommate wasn't the creator of the noise. Jessie was out of town, visiting with her relatives in Spokane. There was no freaking way she could be the one causing such a racket. It had to be someone else. Someone who was really good at quickly getting on my nerves.

I nestled my head deeper into the fluff of my pillow. Maybe if I pretended it wasn't happening it would go away.

Thunk... Thunk... Thunk...!

Nope. That was it.

    I sat up in my bed and took a quick look around the room. Everything on Jessie's side of the dorm was still untouched, and my side was messy as per usual. My textbooks were opened and scattered about on the surface of my study nook, and nothing had changed since the time I'd given up on studying and retired to my bed... So where was that irritating, inconsistent sound coming from?

When my gaze found the glass pane of the window resting beside my bed, I instantaneously knew what the noise was. Right when I looked at it, I saw a tiny black speck bounce off its surface.

It made the ridiculous 'thunk'-ing noise that I absolutely loathed, and that gave me enough motivation to slide out from under my patterned comforter to take a look.

Somebody is about to get the reprimanding of their life, I thought peevishly to myself as I ran my fingers through my lengthy red locks. I don't care who they are or what their reasons are. I'm pissed!

Once I reached the window, I sucked in a tremendously deep breath. In a rage, I flipped away the lock handle and slid all of the screens up with one harsh pull.

I poked my head out into the coolness of the night.

"TO WHOMEVER MAY BE DOING THAT, IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED ON MY BEHALF IF YOU STOPPED THROWING THOSE GOD DAMNED ROCKS. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO FACE MY WRATH, THEN GIVE THE HELL UP BEFORE I CRAWL DOWN THERE AND PUMMEL YOU!"

There was silence.

And then there was a cute, familiar chuckle that made my thoughts do a one-hundred and eighty degree turn.

Is that...?

I looked hard into the darkness. With some painfully diligent staring, I was able to spot a tall figure dressed in black crouched over and laughing on the ground below.

    My previous moment of courage depleted into nothing when I realized who that figure probably belonged to, and I struggled to find my words.

My mind was a muddled mess.

Do I greet him normally? Apologize for screaming at him? Scream at him even more for being an insincere ass? Or do I close my window and pretend I never even saw him...?

My contemplating wasn't quick enough, for once he recovered from his laughing he was standing up and calling out to me.

"Hello there, love! It's nice to see you~"