Why does he care?

::Charlene POV:: 

I ran into the bathroom as fast as I could. I slammed my backpack on the floor not caring if anyone was in there or not. Luckily it was empty. I was so frustrated. Why do they always have to do this to me?! I mean I get that i'm not the most attractive girl but they didn't have to embarrass me like that, I mean come on. What they said really Hurt. I never really knew my dad because from what my mom tells me he was very abusive, and that he lives in Haiti now. (yes, I'm haitian) because it was the best thing for him. I looked to my side and saw a mirror. i walked up closer to it, looking at my reflection. I saw a little bit of Briana's saliva still on my face from when she spit on me. I wiped it off. Looking back in the mirror not happy with what I saw. I hate looking in the mirror! All I see is a piece of trash! I put my back against the wall sliding down it balling my eyes out not caring if I miss class or not. I would rather just stay here the rest of the day rather then have to face all those kids again. 

::Jacob POV:: 

Wow, my first day and I already witnessed all this drama. This morning in the hallway before we all went to class,  these group of kids were harassing this girl. The things they said to her were cruel. They called her ugly, but I didn't believe that. I was pretty close to the scene and i saw her face. She was beautiful from my opinion. She has brown hair that stopped a little passed her shoulders, chocolate brown skin, piercing brown eyes followed by her perfectly rounded thick eye brows. I know i shouldn't say this but Mami had curves that could kill! That made me even more shocked because they called her fat as well. I felt bad for her. I couldn't believe that girl spit on her. That's the most disrespectful thing you can do to a person. I wanted to step in but as soon as I could say anything she ran away crying. I know, I know I should've helped her. I know how she feels I was bullied before I came to this school, but the kids never said anything that  cold hearted. After homeroom I went to my first class which was Science. I went inside and all eyes were on me. "Ahh, you must be our new student, we've been expecting you." the teacher said. I smiled and nodded my head. "Why don't you tell us your name" "Jacob...Jacob Perez" I said. "Nice to meet you Jacob" she said giving me a warming smile. I smiled back "you too" then I went to the seat she assigned me. "Hello there handsome" a girl said next to me "Hey, what's up" I said back. "I'm Briana but you can call me Bri or B, if you want" she said trying to flirt while batting her eye lashes. "Cool I'm Jacob" I said "And your very sexy" she said leaning in closer. I was highly uncomfortable. So I asked to go to the bathroom. "Um Miss Smith?" I said raising my hand, she looked up "May I go to the bathroom please?" "Yes you may, here's a pass" I got up and took the pass from her and was on my way to the bathroom.  I heard faint crying from the girl's bathroom, so I went to go check it out. "Hello?! Anybody here?!" I said seating the bathrooms. Then I saw her, the girl from the hallway with her knee's clutched into her chest balling her eyes out. I walked up to her slowly. "Hey, are you ok?"

::Charlene POV:: 

"Hey, are you ok? I heard a deep with a slight accent voice say. It scared me so I looked up right away to see the most gorgeous boy you could ever imagine. He had chocolate brown eyes, light yellow skin, and and the biggest curly afro I've ever seen. He was so perfect. "Hellllllooooooo" he said waving his hand in front of my face. i hadn't realized I was staring at him. I snapped out of it and just put my head down. "I saw what that girl briana said to you and did to you" he said as he came down and sat next to me."Please, stop crying" I realized that he was really close to me and I felt his hands going up and down my back. I flinched a little, and then I finally answer him. "I'm not" I said barely audible but loud enough to hear. "Then why are you eyes blood shot red and why do you have tear marks on you cheeks ?" he asked. I had nothing to say, so i just sat there with my head down not answering him. "It doesn't matter" I said still barely audible but some how he still heard me. "Yes it does, your a human being and no human deserves to be talked to and treated like that" I didn't answer him again. I could feel him staring at me but i refused to look up at him again. Why did he care? I don't get it. "C'mon let's get you back to class" he said "No, I can't go back there" I said with my voice shaking. "Yes, you can and I'll go with you" Hold up wait a minute why in the world was this chico trying to help me?! "Why are you trying to help me? You don't even know me." I questioned "I don't have to know you to see that you need a friend right now"

He smiled at me. OMG he had the most gorgeous smile and beautiful perfect white teeth. I felt myself blush but I quickly put my head down trying to hide it. "Don't hide your smile it's beautiful, just like you" Pause. No he did not just say I was beautiful. Do I believe him? NO. He's probably only saying that to make me feel better. I looked at him with a serious face and shook my head looking back at the ground. From the corner of my eye I could see him furrowing his thick eye brows making a confused face. "Why you shake your head?" he asked with an innocent curiosity in his voice. I shrugged not making eye contact with him. "You don't think your beautiful?" I tried to think of a way to avoid the question. "what's your name?" I said still barely audible but yet still this boy could here me. Dang. "Jacob" he said with a sly smile. "And yours?" he asked I didn't want him to know my name. I don't know why I just didn't. So I just shrugged again. "You don't know your own name?" he said while laughing a little. I just sat there ignoring him "Ok,since you don't want to tell me you name how about I call you....Bonita?" I looked up at him, not fully, but enough for him to see my confused look on my face. "Bonita is spanish for beautiful" he said with a smirk. Again, with that. Can he cut it out, Jeez!? I gave him another serious face again and shook my head no. "why do you keep shaking your head when I call you beautiful" he said trying to look me in the eyes but I wouldn't let him. Before he could say anything else I realized I was missing class. I immediately got up and tried to leave but he grabbed my arm. 'Wait!" My head was still down. "What?" I said in barely a whisper. "I guess I'll see you later.....bonita." I nodded my slowly. I noticed he was right behind me but it turn out we were going to the same class which was science. Oyy! Why me?! 

We walked in and people immediately started snickering and laughing at me I put my head down in shame as Jacob rubbed my back a little bit. I was a little shocked when he did that but I didn't show it. Briana gave me this death glare. Honey, if looks could kill I'd be 6 feet under but I just tried to ignore her. The teacher Ms. Smith looked at me and already knew why I had came in so late because this has happened many time before, so I didn't get a detention if you were wondering. The rest of the day went Ok. I still got the snickers and laughs when i went to my other class. Other then that the rest of the day was considered a good day from me. I got home and started my homework right away so I could get it out of the way. My mom was working late tonight so I was home alone. After finishing my home work I just layed in bed thinking about what briana has said to me, eventually making me cry again. I know, I know I should've said something back. I tried that once and ended up getting jumped I just never said anything back to them. But after crying for a little while I thought about why he came in and tried to comfort me, why he rubbed my back the way he did, why he called me beautiful and most importantly...... why he cared.....