Ultimatum

This chapter is dedicated to Rose_bushra Thank you for appreciating :)

You guys are all amazing, thank you :)

CHAPTER 35 - ULTIMATUM

WILL'S POV

Standing here, at my brother's bedside, waiting for him to speak up, was the very last place I would rather be. 

I wish my Raybee could be here beside me. I was stupid to accept a solo talk, I need my Raybee, she's been essential these past couple of days, she never left me, not one moment, even risked Mrs. Wayne's wrath to sneak in my room last night.

I was never alone, she was always there, ready to comfort me, let me feel her presence, and I need her right this moment, while I'm standing here, in the last place I might ever want to be, waiting to face one of the worst talks of my life.

I was tempted to go outside and call her, hold onto her, to get my strength, my courage, or even only to have her huddle to me and squeeze this pain out of me, relieve the unbearable heavy weight crushing me.

I love it when she hugs me, I love it when she bumps our temples together and tells me she's right there for me, I love it when she entwines our fingers together, and I love the way I feel more at ease, soothed, relaxed, simply because my Raybee is right there with me.

If there's one positive point about this whole nonsensical visit, it's that she's with me, and I can have her all too myself, cuddling me, soothing me ... for how egoistic that sounds, it's amazing for me. All of this would have been much worse, hadn't I had my Raybee beside me.

Yet now I was standing in this stupid room, all alone with the worst nightmare of my life, my number one bully, the one person responsible for my every phobia, my every tic, my every sorrowful day. For 18 years, 18 long years of my life, Steve has been an ongoing torment, this guy here, I should call him brother, but how could I?

A brother is Byron, who's always kept me tucked underneath his protective wing, who's put up with my moods, my cranky character, who's supported me through thick and thin. 

A brother is Al, who's pushed me to get past bullying and become a new, brave man that fears nothing, who's backed me up every time that was needed, who's gone home with bruises and split lips countless times just because he fought Steve on my behalf. 

Those are my brothers. Not this element here. Not the other two that added to his mean tortures. Then why am I here?

I'm here because I'm a stupid moron, that's why. I let good emotions guide me, win over resentment and rage, but most importantly, I let my foolish heart handle the decision, and, may I be honest, more than just and good man beliefs, that damn muscle mostly followed feelings.

Those same feelings I've been nurturing since I don't even know how long anymore, simply, my heart led me here because it was the right thing to do in order to be up to Rebecca's expectations, to be the good man she thinks I am. I did it for her. I'm here for her more than for myself or my damn brother.

Taking a deep breath, I dug my hands in my pockets, playing with my keys and phone, just to be distracted, and decided to get it over with: "Alright, say what you have to. Relieve your dirty conscience. You're gonna rot in Hell either way."

I should have been gentler, right? It was a dying man I was talking to, my brother, no less, but hey, this brother of mine had no mercy of me when I coughed up blood because of his beatings, neither did he have mercy when I begged him to let me out, my bed was full with spiders, or to let me in, the neighbor's dogs were attacking me.