Chapter 7: May VS Gildarts

Start from the beginning

"Have you seen her fight?" Gildarts asked.

"Hmm. No I have not. Why you ask?" Gramps asked.

"Why don't we see if she can make S-Class, by battling me." Gildarts told him.

May could hear their conversation because of her dragon hearing, "Please say yes Gramps." May thought to herself.

Gramps looks at him, "Hmm. I was considering this because of her magic energy. However I was waiting for you to return to see if your up to it."he tells him.

Gildarts smile, "I'm not one to fight little girls, but we have to know."

"Yes! I get to fight him!" May thought to herself.

Gramps then stood up, "Attention everyone!" he shouted.

Everyone stop what they were doing and looked at Gramps.

"Today we are doing a small test to see if this wizard can make S-Class, and doing that they will have to fight Gildarts. That person will be May Dragneel!" He told everyone.

"What!" Everyone shouted.

May towards Gramps, "I accept. When do we begin?" she asked in a serious tone.

Gramps looks at her seriously, "Right now. But outside I don't want this guild destroyed."

Everyone laughs at what he said. Gildarts and May head to the fount of the guild and stand away from each other. Everyone was placing bets most were on Gildarts, but Cana and Sandy placed their's on May.

Gildarts looks at May, "I wont go easy or hold back because of how young you are." he told me.

May looks him in the eye, "If that were the case then its not really a battle now would it." she smirks at the end.

Gildarts smiles.

Gramps looks at them both, "Let the fight begin!" he shouted.

(A/N I suck at writing battle scenes, well I guess its time to practices then.)

Both of them were just staring at each other. May then charges at and threw a punch at him with full force. He blocked it but still went flying. Gildarts lands on the ground smiling.

"Water dragon Roar!!" May shouted right after he barley touched the ground. Water Flames come out of her mouth. 

Gildarts used his destruction magic to destroy it but failed. shocked filled his face and got hit by it. The smoke cleared but you could tell he was in some pain.

"You're not bad kid, but i'm just getting started." Gildarts told her while unleashing his full power and throw an attack at May but she dodge it.

"About time you took this seriously." May shouted behind him.

Gildarts then throw attacks at her but she kept dodging them. May smirks, "I see your getting frustrated Gildarts." she thought to herself.

"Alright Gildarts i'm done playing with you no matter how fun this is." May told him.

May then unleashed half of her magic energy. May kicked him and he went flying. It gave May enough time to hit next. "Dragon Slayer Secret art Element flame Roar!" May's white flames came out and hit Gildarts.

May waited for the smoke to clear to see Gildarts knock out.

"Gildarts is K.O!" The whole gild shouted.

"I'm Rich!" Sandy said while dancing.

The whole guild was shocked. May walked over to Gildarts and healed him.

He woke up, "Looks like I lost." He says.

May smiles, "Yeah you did. But thank you for the fight you are a worthy opponent." she tells him.

Gramps look dead at the destruction that was caused. May noticed this and cast a spell that fixed everything as if it never happen.

Gramps cried in joy of it. Gramps then snapped out of it, and walks towards May, "May by watching you fight, and you beat the only S-Class wizard we have in this guild. I hear by say you are now a S-Class wizard."

"You earned it kiddo." Gildarts told her.

"Thanks! Oh! And Gildarts, Gramps I only used half of my magic energy in the fight I thought i should let you know." May told them with a smile and then ran over to Cana and Sandy.

"What!" Gramps and Gildarts say at the same with in shock.

"Just how strong is she?" Both of them thought.

"Cana I made it!" May says happily.

"I know and i'm made some money to! You were great out there." Cana told her while smiling.

"You did great May!" Sandy told her.

May rubs the back of her neck, "Hey why don't us three head to cafe and get cake!"

"Yeah!" Cana and Sandy said at the same time.

(A/N Everyone look at May loves cake just as much as Erza run for your lives!)