They followed and soon saw Sheldon on the ground next to the opening. He had his eyes clenched shut and his ears covered.

"Sheldon," Andrew shouted and rushed forward. The boy didn't give a sign that he'd heard. He looked up, however, when Andrew shook him.

Sheldon was confused when he saw the others. "Hey are you ok? What happened. Did you see what happened?" Sheldon didn't respond to Andrew's cries. He didn't even look at him. He shook his head lightly but quickly stopped when it caused him a headache. Andrew helped him up and looked at Maddie fearfully. "What's wrong with him?"

Maddie pursed her lips. "He's deaf," she said simply.

"What?!?!"

She raised her arms reassuringly. "It's isn't permanent. Just give him time to recover." She walked to the opening and stopped in shock when she saw the wreck.

The others hurried out and gasped.

"Whoaaa"

"There's Danny!!"

"And Valerie!"

The students rushed forward. Sheldon's eyes widened when he saw Danny. He narrowed them.

Valerie touched Danny gingerly. His eyes were halfopen and he panted. He was kneeling on his hands and knees. He looked up to see Valerie and smiled uncertainly. She didn't smile back. They heard a shout and turned around to see two worried ghost hunters and excited teenagers run their way. Suddenly they stopped. Danny frowned until he heard a scuffle behind him. He turned his head and caught his breath. The green monster was slowly making its way toward him.

He scrambled up and Valerie hurried to help him. She instinctively pushed Danny slightly back. He was surprised by that.

Maddie ran forward but she was too far away. The monster growled at Valerie and pushed her aside. Danny fell to the ground without support and Valerie lay on the ground winded but unharmed.

The monster was now face to face with the halfa, who gulped. He was too weak to do anything now and he couldn't use his powers in front of the others. The monster pounced.

"Danny!!" Sam shouted.

Maddie stopped in surprise.

Danny winced as the ghost leaned in. He waited for a blow from its claws but it never came. He opened one eye, and gasped when he saw the monster so close.

It made a sound and lay down before him. Its red eyes inspected him closely. Danny held out his hand hesitatingly.

"Danny no. What are you doing!" His mom tried to get to him.

Danny set his hand on the monster's head and stroked it. The ghost made a moaning sound.

Maddie charged up a gun. Danny jumped up and held her back with one hand. "No wait!!"

The woman stopped unsurely. "Danny?"

"It's-it's friendly now." He stroked the monster's head and the ghost rose. It got close to Danny and watched the ghost hunter warily.

"Danny. It's a mindless ghost. It doesn't know 'friendly'"

"Well what is this then?" Danny leaned against the big shape of his new pet. The ghost didn't seem to mind.

Maddie hesitated. The ghost was acting strangely nice. It could be planning something. She shook her head at the ridiculous thought. It was nonsentient. It didn't know a thing about planning. She just didn't want her son harmed. She looked at him and gasped.

"Danny what happened to you?"

Sam had by now reached them. Tucker was way back huffing and puffing. The rest a little behind him.