Chapter 21 ♦ Untitled ♦

Start from the beginning

Giving into her I kissed her, just to have Laura walk in and break it up. "This is an elementary school. There will be no making out in the nurse's office," she smiled as we both looked up at her in shock. Echo’s cheeks reddened as she hid in my shoulder, that girl hated getting walked in on more than anything. "When did you get here sweetheart?" 

Echo sat up looking at Laura with a quick smile. "I just thought I would stop by to see Kaden, Amber told me he got checked out so I just wanted to come say hi. Make sue everything was okay and all.”

 "Oh, well that was sweet,” Laura smiled collecting our things from the corner. "Would you like to come over for dinner tonight?" 

"Would I ever?" Echo laughed with wide eyes. "Without you as a part-time mother, I would be eating frozen pizza every night."

I smiled at Laura shaking my head, and laid my head back on the pillow. I closed my eyes again and tried not to burst out laughing. "Echo, you kill me" 

I heard Laura laugh and then step out of the room. Just as she was out of the room Echo was back down next to my nose. "Where were we?"

"We weren't anywhere? I think I was about to kiss you, but I don't really remember I mean it was like what? Five whole minutes ago?" 

She smiled and pressed her lips to mine. "You’re such a smartass; just like Tyler. But I love you.” 

Laughing I just shrugged a little. "You say that like every other second,"

"I know. Because I can't say it enough, I just love you so much." She then sandwiched my face in between her hands and pressed her lips to mine again. "I love you," she growled squishing my cheeks harder. 

"What are you doing?" I asked trying to wiggle out of her grip.

"I don't know," she shrugged releasing my face. We just stared at each other for a second before bursting out in laughter as Echo rested back down on my shoulder.

"Alright, kids let's go," Laura chirped popping her head in the door frame. Echo shot up and quickly grabbed my wrist. I was a little slower at this 'getting-up' process, but gladly taking Echo’s hand in mine, we walked out to the car and climbed in the backseat. With Echo's head resting on my shoulder Laura glanced back at us in the rearview mirror. "Well, with you two and Amber and Tyler dating this should be interesting.”

"Wait, so Tyler and Amber are dating?" I asked.

"Yes they are," Echo answered me with a nod. “Neither of them will admit it, but they are.”

"I thought it wasn't like official yet?" Laura responded in confusion.

"It's official to everyone but them," Echo laughed. 

She was way too quick to try and help me with everything, when we got home she tried to help me out the door, when I got to the front door she swung it open for me.  "Echo, I'm fine, really. I can walk, I can carry out normal everyday things like opening a door and walking to the front door of the house," I was laughing slightly under my breath as she pursed her lips at me.

"Well, fine then" she mumbled dropping her act, with a roll of her eyes and a flip of her bangs she plopped down next to Alex on the couch.

Leaning over the back of the sofa I whispered closely in her ear "You can't stay mad at me forever" before continuing on into my room.

"Watch me," called back folding her arms over her chest.

Turning on my heels I walked back to the couch and stole a kiss from her cheek. "Ok fine! You win happy?" she sighed outward in defeat. 

With a sly half smile I nodded n satisfaction. "I guess you could say that." 

"Kaden! You’re home! Come here quick, I gotta talk to you about- Echo... what are you doing here?" Amber shouted spinning around the corner on her socks.

"I just came over for dinner, Laura invited me," she smiled sweetly. I hadn’t realized now that Amber and Tyler were dating the four of us would be sharing this house. Twenty-four seven. Yay.

"Oh... so why don't you go help with dinner and me and Kaden will go in his room and... change our socks," Amber was horrible at improvising to say the least. Echo looked back and forth at us with a cocked eyebrow as Amber pushed her towards the kitchen.

Amber quickly pushed me into my bedroom and shut the door. "What is going on?"

"Did you know Brecken was coming to the concert?!?" she whispered yelled cutting me off.

Tyler was in his usual sprawled out position on his bed with a deadbeat expression. "Dude I can't get her to shut up about this."

"Yeah I heard,” I nodded back at Amber “And trust me, I'm not too stoked about it either,"

"I'm going to kill whoever invited him" Amber sighed sitting next to Tyler. His eyes were now wide as he nudged Amber to shut her up. Turning on my heels to see Echo standing in the doorway with a small suspicious grin.

"What is going on?" She asked stepping into the room.

"Nothing that concerns you," Amber then proceeded to push Echo by her shoulders "Maybe we should just go eat at my house," more or less dragging Echo out the door they left. 

"Bye," Ty called after the girls as they left.

“Boys,” Laura hollered from the kitchen.

Tyler followed me into the kitchen only to be handed a spoon and asked to stir whatever was on the stove. Slipping right past her, I took a seat at the bar as Tyler glared at me.

"And why doesn't he have to cook?" Tyler whined to Laura.

"You're not even cooking? You're stirring? I think you're gonna survive." She laughed as she drained some bowtie pasta into the sink.

"Still" Tyler rolled his eyes.

I yawned stretching my arms "I think I'll take a rain check on dinner and go to bed," 

"You feeling okay?" Laura asked pressing the back of her hand to my forehead.

"Yeah just tired still, and not very hungry. I'm sorry," I sighed, as she removed her hand.

"Well, I can understand that. You didn't get much rest after I came and got you at school, if you wake up later I will leave you a plate in the microwave." She cooed looked down at me.

I turned towards my room and staggered to my bed. "Okay, thank you so much Laura,"

"No problem just let me know if you need anything," she said as I laid down and got comfortable.

I was so tired my eyelids felt like their weighted over six hundred pounds. I didn’t take the time to get undressed or anything I just collapsed to the mattress. Being swallowed up by the cold soft blankets I blacked out almost immediately.