1

Kuruma talking
Naruto thinking
Naruto talking to kuruma

I could hear the pounding footsteps of the mob, civilians and shinobi alike, that was hot on my heels.
"Gaki! Get back here!" One of them yelled.
In a desperate attempt to escape, I took a right turn. Hoping to find freedom through the dark alleyway, I soon realized I had made a grave mistake. I was face to face with a brick wall. I was not going to be going anywhere for a while. The sounds of running soon ceased, leaving nothing but the sound of heavy breathing and the crackling of the torches they carried.

Kit, let me take over for a while. I don't want you to have to go through this again . Kuruma's voice sounded in my mind. Yes, I know what you're thinking. How do I know the great kuyubi no kitsune? Simple. She protected me from the merciless beatings and showed me love.
Alright kura-chan. Don't hurt them though, old man hokage won't be too happy. I replied casually, used to this exact conversation daily.
I was soon sucked into my mindscape where I laid against one of kura' s many tails. She was concentrated on keeping her temper under control, as to not cause a massacre. After a while, I began to gain consciousness. Slowly fading from my mindscape, kura-chan shot me a sorrowful look.