"Its a long story Marie." I say with a sigh, hoping maybe for once  I wouldn't have to repeat every detail of my night to my nosey roommate. 

"Lucky for you I have nothing else planned for my Saturday.  Spill." I groan put comply with her request. 

"So he called me last night, totally hammered and at first I was just going to ignore it, but he sounded super upset so I don't know what came over me but I thought well if I don't  go get him no one else is going to and gave in. "

"Because you like him.  That's why you went and got him." Marie interrupts.

"Marie.  I have a boyfriend, so no that's not why I went and got him." I say slightly irritated.  "Anyway, so I drive and find him sitting next to a house, pretty much unrecognizable.  He gets in my car and we start to drive and he kept fluctuating between being a huge ass to me and being super sincere and genuine, like it was literally like driving with Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. " Marie laughs at this comment. 

"Continue." She says with a smirk on her face.

" So we get back to campus and I ask him where he lives, and he's so intoxicated he can't even answer my question, even though like five minutes earlier he was lecturing me again about the bad decisions I was making by dating Niall and that Niall was off flirting with other girls last night. ..and"

"Well was he?" Marie interrupts.

"Was who?" I ask confused about who Marie is trying to ask about at this point.

"Was Niall flirting with other girls?" she asks with an eyebrow raised.  Not Marie too.

"I don't know, I wasn't there.  I highly doubt it Marie, with the history between those too I'm sure Louis was saying anything in his power to get under my skin.  That's a whole different story anyways. " I sigh.  I wasn't about to admit to Marie that hearing this once again combined with the fact that I hadn't heard anything from Niall in the past twenty-four hours had my brain running in circles.

"So he says he doesn't have anywhere else to go and I don't know what to do with him, like I don't know where he lives and I can't leave him outside all night so for some reason I decide to bring him back to our room for the night." My mind searches for some other alternative path that I should have taken last night but still comes up with a blank.  Maybe my actions last night weren't totally out of line.  

"And then we got here and I made him get in my bed and then right before he was going to pass out he said all this weird stuff about how he actually really liked me and that's why he was so mean to me and got really close to my face, and I thought for a moment he was going to kiss me but he didn't." Recalling the moment back to Marie still sends shivers across my spine. I can still picture the way his crystal blue eyes stared into mine and the feeling of his warm breath near my face. I block the memory from my mind as quickly as it appears.

"But you wanted him to kiss you" Marie says with that mischievous smirk on her face. 

"No..." I say but my voice waivers, unable to completely mask my emotions. 

"You did!" Marie practically screams.  "Admit it Alexia you wanted Louis Tomlinson to kiss you last night when he was drunk.  You are upset he didn't."  Her smug smile indicates to me that she wanted it to occur almost more than I seemed to want it to.

"Okay. Yes, sure in the moment I wanted him to.  I thought about what could have happened.  But Marie why? Why on Earth do I feel like I want to kiss the guy that's been nothing but a douche to me since the day that we met?" I give in and spill my internal monologue to my roommate. 

"Because I think that you like him.  You don't want to admit it, but there's some chemistry between the two of you.  You are both too proud to admit it."

She had a point.  Louis and I were complete opposites.  Fire and ice.  Dark and light. Noise and quiet.  But yet Louis brought out the sides of me that were buried deep within.  When I was with Louis I spoke my mind and stood up for myself.  And for some reason when Louis was with me, or at least drunk, he acted like he cared: something far different than his usual stigma.  I don't know if it was quite the sparks flying chemistry they portrayed in the movies, but Louis and I definitely reacted, whether it was volatile or not.  Maybe a part of me, deep deep inside of me, wanted to know more about this man.  I wanted to learn his secrets, the depths of his personality he didn't reveal to anyone.  I would be lying if I didn't say that Louis Tomlinson intrigued me.  But to go as far as liking him,  I wasn't so sure - I liked the glimpses of the real Louis that I saw, not the façade he played off for the entire university to see. But did I like him? Did we have chemistry?  I brush off Marie's comment.   

"You're such a hopeless romantic." I groan throwing my pillow to cover my face.  "But then why did he leave so early this morning, without saying thank you or anything?"

"Maybe he didn't want to wake you?" Marie suggests, but we both know that explanation was far from the truth. 

"The only reason you sneak out in the morning from someone else's room is when you don't want to speak of what happened the night before ever again.  Louis left because he doesn't want to acknowledge that the only person he had to pick his wasted-self up last night was me, and that's the truth."

"Maybe he'll text you later?" Marie softly suggests. 

"I think I'd rather he didn't" I say.  "I have Niall I shouldn't even be thinking about that jerk." I sigh grabbing my phone to located my boyfriend, but still thinking about whether or not Marie was right.