CHAPTER THIRTEEN

(CHAPTER THIRTEEN)
LETTERS.

(CHAPTER THIRTEEN)LETTERS

14. | MEETING A FRIEND.

_________________

SCHOOL IS OUT. Scarlett, Olivia and Valencia walk to Ezra Blanchard's car. They are going to the match together. Valencia is going to support her brother Ezra, who is the best player on the team. Olivia is just there for the fun. And Scarlett is there for Jughead. She wants to see him.

"Hey Brielle, do you want to join us?" Olivia asks, which causes everyone, including Brielle to raise their eyebrows in confusion.

Brielle was walking alone. "If you don't mind, yes." She answers. The girls nod firmly.

"Ezra you have space enough for another girl?" Valencia yells with an Spanish accent. The popular Blanchard boy turns around. He mumbles something in Spanish. Then he continues talking, "okay then." he says while opening the doors.

° ° °

THE BLANCHARD TWINS GET OUT OF THE CAR. Valencia opens the doors. "We're here girls! Riverdale. The place where Scarlett's lover lives." With that the girls giggle. Scarlett rolls her eyes playfully.

"Oh please Valencia, we just know each other, this isn't like in the love stories. That we kiss in the first second we meet, then become high school hottest couple, marry and live happily ever after." She states with a hint of sarcasm.

"Maybe it will." Brielle says winking. "Maybe I hate him." Scarlett says. "Maybe you're a bad liar." Ezra says smirking. The girls chuckle.

   The group heads to the field, next to the entrance stands a boy with a grey beanie. When he catches Scarlett's brown eyes, a small smile applies to his face. "Scar?" He asks softly. She glares to the boy. "Jug?" She mutters. The two smile widely.

   Jughead wants to shake her hand, but Scarlett embraces him tightly. At first he feels akward, he quickly pulls his hand back, then puts it around her and hugs her back. The hug feels warm and comfortable. Jughead feels like he's been waiting his whole life for this. And Scarlett, Scarlett never wants to let go.

Scarlett's friends are smiling. "What a cuties!" Brielle whispers. "They are so in love!" Valencia whispers a little hard. "I know, but do they?" Olivia asks. "Just ask." Brielle says. "I think they will deny it." Ezra says. "Deny what?" Scarlett asks when she lets go of Jughead. They both haves enormous smiles on their faces. "Nothing." The friends say quickly. Everyone starts laughing awkwardly.

   A famous redhead, a popular raven haired girl and a cute blonde girl walk towards them. "Archie and Betty?" Scarlett asks. "Yes, and Veronica Lodge." Jughead says. "Hi!" Betty says.

"You must be Betty!" Scarlett squeals happy.

"Yes and you must be Scarlett!" The two hug each other.

"Okay, ehm, so I am Betty and these are Veronica and Archie." Betty says to Scarlett's friends. "I'm Scarlett and these are my friends; Olivia, Valencia, Ezra and Brielle." Scarlett states.

"Hey I'm Veronica. Are you on Riverdale high too?" The raven haired girl asks. She holds her hand out, Skye shakes it. They give each other a friendly nod.

"I'm Scarlett and no, I am from Toledo high." Scarlett says. "We all are." Valencia states.

   Scarlett feels an arm on her shoulder. She turns around and sees Aiden. She folds her arms. Aiden starts talking. "Aiden Mills-"

"-Back off Aiden. And I should pull your arm back if you want to play the match tonight." Scarlett cuts his sentence short and gives him an glare filled with rage.

Aiden quickly lets go of Scarlett.

"Don't you have something else to do, Aiden?" Valencia asks. "What?" He raises his eyebrow. "Can you please just go away?" Olivia asks. Aiden smirks and stays at the same place.

"Aiden, if you don't go away right now, I'll personally kick you out of the team." Ezra stares cold at him. Aiden sighs and rolls his eyes. "Okay then, but remember I'm her friend too, I'm no enemy."

Scarlett scoffs. "Friends? Do you really think that we can be friends again?" Aiden walks away ashamed, knowing that he is screwed.

"Hey Blanchard! The team wants to grab dinner. Are you coming?" A blond boy asks. "Yeah, wait a second!" Ezra answers. He grabs Valencia's hands and says something Spanish. Then he kisses her cheeks and leaves.

Then everyone stays silent. "How about Pops?" Archie asks. "What is Pops?" Brielle asks. "Well, Pops is an old, vintage burger selling dinner place." Veronica says.

"I love it!" Olivia squeals happy. The corners of her mouth quirk up.

"Did you bring your rollerskates?" Scarlett asks.

"Of course she has, Olivia doesn't exist without them." Valencia's lips pull into a smirk.

Olivia pulls some skates out of her sport bag. "Aww! They are so cute!" Veronica says after inspecting the skates. Archie looks at her face and smiles. Betty chuckles. "Lets go!" Jughead says. The friends walk over to Pops.