School

"Come on (Y/n)! We gotta go get Haru!" I heard Mako shout from outside my window. I groaned, but got out of bed regardless. After I changed into my uniform, I fixed my (h/l) (h/c) into a pony tail so it wouldn't get in the way. I ran down the steps, grabbed my bag, and met Mako outside.

"Come on slowpoke." I said jogging past him while I flicked his forehead.
"How did you become so annoying?" He asked jokingly. I giggled and kept the same pace I was jogging. Mako eventually caught up and went a head of me. "Good morning, Mrs.Tamura." Mako said jogging by I waved slightly.

"Good morning you two. Oh wait, here take this." She said taking something out and giving it to him. I went past him.
"I'll see you there. I was nice seeing you Mrs. Tamura." I said with a smile. I went up the steps and saw a cat. I stopped to pet it gently and I smiled. I then went back to jogging up the steps. Mako eventually caught up and he rang Haru's doorbell. He looked up at a window and looked disappointed.
"Why am I not surprised?" He asked himself. He went around back and I followed him there. He opened a slide door and entered.

"Hey it's me and (y/n), we're coming in now." He said aloud. I started looking around the house to find him. Where would he be, until it dawned on me. I  groaned and went to the bathroom where Mako was already. "Not even dressed yet." Mako said disappointedly. I giggled and went to one door and opened it. Haru sat up out of the steaming bath. I leaned on the door frame and smirked.

"Did I disrupt your alone time princess?" I asked teasingly. He gave me a glare and Mako walked in past me. Haru flung his hair around, like when he was younger and looked up at Mako, who extended his hand for him.
"Good morning, Haruka." Mako said teasingly. I laughed at that.

"I thought we agreed not to call me that." Haru said taking Mako's hand and getting pulled up. When he stood up I saw his built body and him in his swimsuit. I rolled my eyes at that, he's always in his suit. And I wasn't phased by him being shirtless because I've seen shirtless an amount of times so decided not to care anymore.

"Don't tell me you bathed in that thing again?" Mako questioned like a mother. Haru stepped out of the bath and walked past him.
"Yeah, Yeah. We're going to be late for school." Haru said. He was in front of me so I backed up and let him pass.
"Isn't that supposed to be my line?" Mako asked disappointedly. We followed Haru into the kitchen and he started making some mackerel.
"Yuck." I mumbled to my self.

"You say we're going to be late and you're doing this now!" Mako scolded Haru. Mako was standing next to Haru as he talked.
"Well I haven't had breakfast yet." Haru stated matter of factly.
"Yeah, but you're wearing an apron over your swimsuit." Mako said looking down. "Aren't you cold?"

"No, I just don't want to get oil on my swimsuit." Haru stated. A ding went off on the toaster and I saw toast pop up next to me.
"Mackerel on toast today, huh?" Mako questioned.
"Can we get a move on please?" I asked impatiently.

We were walking across the boardwalk to our school after Haru finished his breakfast.
"So any particular reason you guys came to get me?" Haru questioned.
"Well yeah, you didn't show up for the assembly yesterday." Mako said gently.
"Felt like calling in sick." Mako chuckled at that.

"It was only the first day of school though." Mako joked. "Why don't I fill you in with the details then?" Mako questioned, but told Haru anyway. "The three of us are in the same class again. The woman teaching homeroom is new this year." Mako kept talking about our teacher, but it looked like Haru was more interested by the water than him talking. Mako noticed this, too. "I sure hope it gets warmer soon. Then you can swim again." Mako said. Haru looked away, while me and Mako chuckled.
"Come on, lighten up Haru." I said to him. We finally made it to school and went to our homeroom 2-1 as the teacher started calling out names.
"Let's see, Miss Haruka Nanase?" I stifled my laugh. Almost every year the teacher does that. That's when Mako leaned over and rested his elbow on Haru's desk with his hand in the air.

"Excuse me miss, Haruka is a guy." Mako said loudly. I chuckled at their embarrassment. The entire room was laughing at it.
"Oh so you are." The teacher said embarrassed. "I'm very sorry, Mister Nanase."

Mako whispered an apology to Haru. I looked behind me at Haru and smiled at him. He gave me a blank stare, until the teacher started talking again.
"I don't believe you were here yesterday, correct?" She questioned. "I've already introduced myself to your classmates of course, but anyhow my name is Miss Amakata. Hi there." And with that we dispersed. People started talking about Miss Amakata and how she became a teacher as a second choice, but I was to busy looking out the window like Haru. Mako then pulled out his food.

"It's lunch time. We do you think, should we go eat on the roof?" Mako questioned the both of us.
"Sure, whatever you say." Haru said.
"That's fine with me." I said to him. Mako tilted his head slightly and chuckled.

We headed for the steps and started descending them. I forgot to pack my lunch and I decided to eat some of Mako's instead.
"I didn't bring my lunch." Haru stated.
"Go buy something at the cafeteria, or we could share mine if you want?" Mako suggested to him. "Squid?"
"How about me? Can I have some?" I whined. Mako chuckled ruffled my hair.

"Haruka! Makoto! (Y/n)!" A boy shouted from the bottom of the steps. We all looked over and saw a strawberry blond boy with pink eyes filled with excitement. I knew exactly who that was and I gasped. "It's been forever! It's been a long time, huh?" The boy questioned. I was so happy to see him again. "Guess who finally made it?" I started going down the steps.
"Hey, he just..." Mako started.
"...called me Haruka?" Haru finished. That's when they both realized it was an old time friend.
"Wait, Nagisa?!" They said with shock. I was at the bottom mod the steps and engulfed Nagisa into a big hug and he returned it.
"Nagisa!" I said squealing. He started laughing and swinging me around.

We all went to the roof to talk mainly, since Nagisa didn't have his lunch either. I was snacking on Mako's squid while we all caught up.
"We haven't seen you in forever. Not since the swim club shut down. How many years ago was that now?" Mako asked.

"A few. I went to different school back then, so the pool was  the only place we hung out." Nagisa explained.
"Well, you're here now at least." I said sitting on the edge of the roof.
"You got that right!" Nagisa said before getting distracted.

"Woah, cherry blossoms!" Nagisa said  excitedly. "They had fancy landscaping like this around the pool you went to in middle school, didn't they Haruka?" He questioned with his actual name. I almost choked on the food because of laughing. I don't know why I laugh when people call him that, it is his name, but the fact they use it in a different context is what makes it funny.

"Please stop calling me by that name." Haru said sternly.
"Isn't that your actual name?" Nagisa asked shyly. Haru made a face of disgust at the statement while Nagisa looked innocent.
"Cherry blossoms are a nice touch, but the pool never gets used here. There's no swim team." Mako said looking out.

"That kinda sucks. Where do you guys swim these days?" Nagisa asked the three of us.
"I still do diving." I said to him. He nodded and looked at Haru.
"I don't. Not competitively." Haru stated.

"What the hell! You're kidding right? Do you know how long I've been looking forward to enrolling to Iwatobi so that we could race together!" Nagisa said upset. I looked over at the pool and frowned. I missed swimming as well, but I love diving. I always did it when I was younger.
"I don't know what to tell you Nagisa." Haru said harshly. "Things change we're not kids anymore."

"Haruka?" Nagisa said sadly. Mako chuckled lightly.
"Well, Haru is still swimming, just not competitively. Trust me, he needs water like we need air. When it's summer you can always find him in the ocean, unless it's this morning where me and (y/n) found him in the bath." Mako finished.

"No kidding. Those aren't even the same thing. It just sounds like he's into bathing." Nagisa gasps. He looks at Haru. "Hey we could start a hot springs club, you'd be into that right. Please." Nagisa pleaded.

"Stop it, I can't stand the heat."
"Oh don't be like that, work with me here." The two continued their bickering, but I started thinking back to the dream from this morning. 'How come I keep thinking of him. He ditched me without saying anything.' I looked to the side and saw a girl with red hair looking at us and she nodded, which Mako also saw, and it confused the both of us.

A/n: Oh my, god. I'm sorry I put you through that. The next one will be shorter I promise. Till next time, see ya.