"Right."

           "You know, your student council president talked to me about supplying the decorations for the dance. I might need some of your help for flower arrangements and getting them to your school, but I'll talk to you about it when it gets closer."

           Lizzy sauntered away from the counter, her messenger bag slung over her shoulder with the bouquet of lilies still cuddled in the crook of her arm like a baby. "That sounds awesome, Naomi! I can't wait! The dance is going to be absolutely beautiful with Once and Floral's flowers."

           "I hope so. Now, go and have fun and find that perfect dress that makes you look as pretty as those lilies you've got there."

           "I'll try." Lizzy grinned and waved before exiting Once and Floral, the bell above her heralding her exit with a euphonious sound.

           Occupied by her phone, Teagan was leaning on the brick wall just outside of Once and Floral, a gray wool hat adorning her head with her midnight colored hair warming her neck. When she heard the flower shop's bell ring, she looked up, startled until she recognized her best friend. Beaming, she embraced Lizzy, and Lizzy hugged her back with equal amounts of enthusiasm. Lizzy was glad that their friendship hadn't altered from their tense quarrel about Reece; she hadn't realized she had been worried until the knot in her gut dissipated into two free and untied shoelaces.

           "You ready for this?" Teagan asked with a luminous grin, her eyes half-moons.

           "Ready as I'll ever be," Lizzy responded, checking over her bouquet of lilies to make sure they weren't smashed by Teagan's hug, which brought Teagan's attention to them.

           "Naomi gave you those?"

          "Yeah." Lizzy admired the petals once more before moseying over to the small alley in between Redford's Bakery and Once and Floral, which led to the two stores' joint parking lots where her car was parked.

           "They're pretty. Are you putting them in your car?" Teagan trailed behind Lizzy, her hands diving into her jacket's pockets. Lizzy nodded, her free hand searching for her keys to unlock her car door. Once this task was accomplished, she gently rested the bouquet onto the front seat, validating that each flower was safe and secure.

           "Buckle her up, why don't you!" Teagan joked as she observed her best friend's meticulous placing of the lily bouquet.

           Lizzy rolled her eyes. "Shut up, T."

           Teagan held her hands up in surrender before shrugging. "I'm just making fun of you, Liz. You do care a lot about those flowers."

           "Hey now, don't be hating on my plants. They're pure, innocent, and beautiful, which is more than I can say for some people," Lizzy defended, slamming her car door shut and locking it.

           "Too true. People could learn a lot from flowers." Teagan glanced around the parking lot, cars idling around them like cats lying in the sun. "Where should we shop first?" Lizzy opened her mouth to reply but was quickly silenced by Teagan's sudden burst of excitement. "I know! Let's go to Bailey's Boutique! They have the cutest dresses that will match perfectly with your skin tone—"

           Lizzy resisted the urge to laugh, allowing Teagan to tug her along toward Bailey's Boutique. For a girl who loved murder mysteries and elaborate, calculated schemes, Teagan could sure be a fashionista sometimes.

           "Oh god no. Take it back," Teagan complained, her hands covering her eyes in horror.

           "What? I didn't think it was that bad," Lizzy protested, offense written all over her face with her hands propped on her hips, the itchy fabric of the dark green dress scratching her palms.