(3) senseless / smut

I woke up to an empty bed, a rumpled up pillow and a note taking the place of my boyfriend. I delicately pick up the crumpled up paper. My eyes scanning over the messy, rushed handwriting that unmistakably belonged to Calum. “Morning baby. I hope you’re not too upset but I had to run into the studio last minute. Hope you understand. I love you. x-Calum." An exasperated sigh makes it way up my throat and out of my lips as I fall backward, my head colliding with the soft duvet.

Today was supposed to be our day. I just wanted to spend one day with him for some well needed alone time that I knew we both desperately needed. Is that too much to ask? 

The day went by agonizingly slow, every minute feeling like an hour and every hour like a millennial. I just wanted Calum home so we could spend the last hours of the day together. I situate myself on the couch and start flipping through channels to pass the time. After watching show after show I start to feel my eyes getting heavy. I try to fight the tiredness for as long as I possibly can until I finally break and end up dozing off on the couch.

The front door slams shut, the deafening noise bouncing off the walls. I jump up, eyes wide and heart racing. A multitude of curses and mumbles echo from down the stairs. My heart rate returned to normal when I realized that is was just Calum. But this was odd, he was normally very chirpy and happy when he got home and he would usually bound up the stairs to greet me, like a golden retriever puppy. My curiosity gets the best of me and I find myself jogging down the stairs to find out what’s going on. 

"Hey babe!” I chirp, skipping into the kitchen.

“You were home all day and you couldn’t even think to cook dinner?”

“Hello to you too, mister.” You joke, poking his arm lightly.

“Seriously, Y/N? Now is not the time for your stupid jokes. I was hoping to come home to find dinner ready but no, it seems like I have to do everything around here!”

“I was thinking we could order a pizza and watch some movies and I don’t appreciate you talking to me like i’m your slave.”

“Here we go again! You’re always complaining! You never do anything around here; all you do is nag me and wait for me to do it!”

“I don’t know what got up your ass to make you this pissed off but do me a favour and do not take your anger out on me! I’ll be upstairs if you need me, asshole.” I mutter, stomping out of the kitchen.

“What the fuck is his problem.” I say to myself, muttering under my breath. My heart was still beating rapidly, red-hot anger pumping through my veins.

I throw my flushed body onto my bed, sinking into the mattress. I couldn’t hear Calum enter the room, the creaking of the door muffled by the comforter. I felt the bed dip and that was when I noticed his presence. “What do you want?” I mumble, barely lifting my head off of the bed.

“Y/N,” He sighs. “I’m sorry.” I lift my head off of the bed, his words catching my attention. “I had a completely shit day. Some recordings were deleted so we had to redo everything and I spilled coffee on my shirt and I broke two strings on my bass and I missed you so much. It was all a mess and I was angry. I shouldn’t have lashed out at you.”

“There are methods for reducing stress without the yelling and swearing.”

“Like what?”

“You could workout, listen to music, fuck me senseless, go to sleep." 

Calum’s eyes widen at my words. "I’m sorry, what was that?” He sputters out.

“Go to sleep?” I ask innocently, playing with my hair.