Avengers get Guilt Tripped by a Secretary

Start from the beginning

"Yes, but the door was open so I assumed that..." He broke off. "Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr Stark was arriving."

   "Thank you. We'll be right down."

"I'll use the door." He said in a awkward manner.

I smothered a laugh

"Oh, and apparently he's brought a guest." Vision stopped in the doorway.

   "We know who it is?" Steve asked.

"The Secretary of State." Vision turned and walked away.

  This is going to be interesting.

Steve looked at Wanda before standing and walking out.

   I looked at Wanda. "You saved a lot of people Wanda. I know you blame yourself. I blame myself for what happened to my friends. But you know how I survive?"

    "How?" Wanda tilted her head.

  "By remembering that a lot more people were saved than died. That's how. Now let's go face the executioner." I said with a smile.

She gave a small laugh.

   Wanda walked out, me right behind her.

We went to the meeting room because that's where Friday told us to go.

  Jarvis got taken out in a failed experiment. I have to admit I miss the British AI.

She sat on a Spinny chair while I chose to stand in the doorway.

Secretary Ross was talking. "Five years ago I had a heart attack and dropped right in the middle of my backswing." What is with politicians and golf?

"Turned out it was the best round of my life because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me. Perspective."

That's sad.

I've had perspective for quite a while.

Uh. Wait. What's perspective again?

I kid.

Tony looked absolutely bored.

"The world  owes the Avengers an unpayable debt. You have fought for us protected us, risked your lives but while a great many  people see you as heroes there are some who would prefer the word vigilantes."

Natasha spoke up. "What word would you use, Mr Secretary?"

"How about dangerous?What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly," I let out a half hearted chuckle.

   He turned to look at me. "Who is this?"

    "Nobody." I smirked before going to sit in an empty seat.

   "Who, frankly," I suppressed my chuckle. "Seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" He continued.

He walked to the side as a screen pulled up.

"New York." A huge alien thing followed with people running away screaming. Video of the Hulk jumping across the street. Building to  building.

Thanks Uncle H for kidnapping Mom.

I was so lucky not to be there.

"Washington DC." A helicarrier crashing into the water.

"Sokovia."

A chunk of land rose up into the sky.

Okay how could they have killed more people than that would have when it came down, if it wasn't for the Avengers?

Exactly.

Buildings crashed down.

"Lagos." Then the scene from the news played.

And a little girl laying in the rubble.

"Okay that's enough." Steve said.

The screen disappeared.

"For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate."

Mortals. I rolled my eyes.

"But I think we have a solution. The Sokovia Accords." He put a book in front of Wanda.

She looked at it as he spoke. "Approved by 117 countries it states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization." Wanda slid the book over to Rhodes.

"Instead they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel only when and if that panel deems it necessary."

"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've done that." Steve said.

   Safer. Yes. For mortals.

But not a lot they can do for us demigods.

"Tell me, Captain, do you know where Thor and Banner are right now?"

Steve looked at Ross.

  "If I misplaced a couple of 30 megaton nukes you can bet there's be consequences."

Ross continued to walk back towards his original spot. "Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works. Believe me, this is the middle ground."

"So, there are contingencies." Rhodes spoke up.

"Three days from now the UN meets in Vienna to ratify the Accords."

Wow. A whole lot of time to think it over, huh?

Steve looked back at Tony.

"Talk it over." Ross began to walk it when Nat asked the question on her mind.

Don't tell her I called her Nat okay?

"And if we come to a decision you don't like?"

"Then you retire"." Ross walked out.

I breathed out. This is going to be very long. And I have a feeling that this is going to turn into something.

Something like a civil war.

Aha!

I updated!

And okay guys here's the thing.

School is going to get out the 1st of June. So eight days left because no school on Memorial Day. So starting that week I will update on Tue for the this book and Percy the Guardian.

And Thursday for (Fem.)Percy and the Army of Chaos.

Cause I have open courts for tennis on those days all summer.

Peace out.