He pulled me up effortlessly and moved me so that he was now standing facing Derek and I was securely behind him. I peeked at Derek from around his shoulder.

“Don’t you ever fucking touch her again,”Niall said, without any waver in his voice.

“You have no idea what you’ve just started,” Derek said darkly.

“Trust me,” Niall smirked, “I know a lot more than you think.”

Derek turned to meet my eyes from behind Niall, “You tell anyone about today and I’ll make sure your freak show lover boy here isn’t anywhere near you next time.”

Funny, since I didn’t know he was anywhere near me this time.

“Watch it man I-” Niall began.

“No you fucking watch it!” Derek yelled pointing a finger in Nialls face. “I know a lot of people that can fuck with you and and with her. You’re messing with the wrong guy.”

“Get out of here.” Niall said sternly.

“This isn’t over.”

“Course it isn’t. I’d be disappointed if it was.”

“Go fuck yourself.”

And with that Derek turned and stormed back over to his car, occasionally reaching up to touch his injured jaw.

Niall and I stood in the same position until we were able to see Derek’s car drive out of sight. Only then did I realize that I was holding tightly to the back of Nialls jacket.

He turned and grabbed the sides of my arms in order to get a good look at me. “Are you okay?” He said looking me up and down and stopping at my eyes, his voice noticeably softer.

“Yeah,” I choked out causing me to clear my throat. 

He put his arm around my shoulder and started to lead me to the passenger seat of my car. “Lets get you home.”

By the time I was settle and he turned the key in the ignition, I was finally able to get some of my thoughts together.

“How did you even know I was here?” I asked.

Niall didn’t say anything for awhile as he adjusted his grip on the steering wheel.

“Niall answer me.”

“Someone told me you were here,” He said bluntly.

“Who?”

“I don’t know.”

“You mean-” I stopped before I said it.

“Yeah,” Niall said keeping his eyes on the road. “I got the text that you were in danger and I didn’t really question it. I got there as fast as I could.”

I can’t believe it. Niall is getting these text messages now too. It all made sense in a way. There was no other way that Niall would have known about me being there and this person messaging me seems to know everything about my relationship with him. 

“I don’t get it though,” I said confused. “Why would they put me in that situation only to tell someone to come help me? It was their fault Derek even saw me in the first place.”

Niall thought for a moment. “What were you even doing?”

“Derek was out with some girl and I just went to spy on them. But it was so weird. Like she gave him this envelope and they didn’t even hug they just shook hands. It was nothing like a date if you ask me.”

“An envelope?”

“Yeah. I don’t know what was in it or anything, but I just thought it was weird.”

“Yeah,” Niall said thoughtfully, “That is weird.”

“Still though, why would they send you?” I turned to look at him still concentrate on the road.

“Well maybe they aren’t all that bad,” Niall said timidly.

I let out a sarcastic laugh, “Without them I wouldn’t have been in the situation in the first place. Who ever they are, they’re stalking me and who even knows who else.”

Niall thought for a moment, “Well maybe they didn’t intend for the situation to get so out of hand. And you said they’ve texted you telling you they know about our relationship, so they must have known that I would come to help you.”

“I don’t know, whoever they are what they’re doing isn’t right in the first place so I don’t think this is making up for all of it,” I sighed, “I don’t think it’s Clare anymore. Something just doesn’t add up with that. I think it’s more of an outsider. Clare would have known about Dereks temper and known that he would be one to react like that.”

“This is your street right?” Niall changed the subject.

“Yeah,” I said, too tired to want to talk much more.

Niall pulled into the driveway and unbuckled his seatbelt to turn and look at me. I only peaked at him from the corner of my eye, my exhaustion becoming more demanding every second. 

“Go inside and get some sleep. If anything happens, if he shows up or does some shit, you call me do you understand? I’m not going to let him do anything like that to you again. I’m on your side here.” He said sincerely.

I smiled and turned to look at him. “Thank you Niall.”

“It’s no problem.”

I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and moved fast than my brain could send the signals to stop. I leaned over the armrest between us and pulled Niall towards me. As my lips meet his I felt a measurable amount of stress fall of of my shoulders. His hand reached out to cup my cheek and I felt like melting into him. There was nothing about this moment that I wanted to end. 

Too soon I pulled back and smiled lazily, “See you tomorrow.”

“Mmm,” He grunted as he bit down on his lip, probably thinking about how much he now wishes I didn’t have to go inside and get some sleep.

We both got out of the car and before I could start making my way up to my front door Niall ran over only to pull me into another long kiss. My hands gripped on to the arms of his leather jacket as I felt him smile. Now he was just messing with me.

He pulled back and lightly pecked my nose. “Stay safe.”

This time I was the one saying “Mmm.”

I watched him turn and start his walk back to his house. I felt bad that he had to walk, but there wasn’t much I could do about it at this point. 

I skipped out on dinner, telling my mom that I had some food with Caroline. 

I quickly changed into soft pajamas and curled up into bed. 

My mind started racing with thoughts about everything and anything. 

So many things were unanswered right now. I still had no idea who was texting me and now that I was ruling out Clare, I was back to square one. Derek almost beat the shit out of me in an empty lot, if Niall had not shown up. God, was I thankful for Niall. He was a damn good kisser too. I couldn’t help smile to myself, laying there like an idiot.

But although I was distracted by my over girly obsession with the way that Niall kissed me, there was still a little tick in the back of my mind that was waiting to be heard. And what it had to say was very important.

Something's not adding up.

Authors Note: Ya'll honestly thought Niall was gonna get caught?! Think twice, cause he's one lying bastard. But God, he's a good kisser. So what do you think is going to happen now since Dereks all pissy? Thank you all so much for every single on of your comments. I want to make sure you all know that I read every single one of them and they make my day so much better :) So thank you for that. (And can we just talk about the fact that I updated two days a row *pats myself on the back*). DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE, READ, AND SPREAD THE WORD OF REVENGE!!

-Carly