11 。memories pt2: cast out

29|08|2001

Jungkook watched his parents dance around the kitchen like free and raucous youths. They were dressed in tight, dark garments, his mother adorned in a scarlet dress that fitted her body perfectly. Her hair was done up in a elegant bun with curls framing her made up face. His father wore a black dress shirt with matching slacks, hair smoothed back and coated with gel. His eyes glowed with a warmth that he rarely showed. His parents were happy, singing as they finished dressing up for their dinner date.

Jungkook found himself smiling when he watched them hold each other lovingly and kiss passionately, oblivious to the boy staring in adoration. One day he wanted this. He want to kiss someone sincerely and say the words I love you; maybe even get married. That was what he wanted but knew he could not have. I hurt people, I don't deserve love.

„Mama and Papa look pretty tonight." He said as Sohyun picked up her black clutch purse. She smiled breathlessly, walking up to her son and crouching down, rubbing the pad of her thumb over his soft skin. He leaned into the touch, grabbing her hand and pulling himself into a hug. He hid the bandaids on his fingers in the fabric of her cardigan so she wouldn't worry.

„Thank you, baby. So do you, our handsome boy." The flush of his face crept up his neck and to his ears as he looked down at his red fluffy jumper and black shorts, his bunny by his side.

„Mama I am not handsome..." Sohyun frowned, before giving a cheeky grin, pinching the boy's cheeks and pulling him in for kiss. He yelped in protest, falling into her embrace and looking up at her clear and beautiful eyes. „I wanna be pretty mama, like you." She cooed at the response, ruffling his hair and shifting her gaze towards the door as three knocks were heard.

„You're such a sweet boy. I just need to get the door." He nodded, stepping back and watching his mother walk smoothly to the door. Jungkook turned and waddled up to his father who smiled warmly at him.

„When will you and mama come back?" Shiwoo chuckled, amused by the curious stare he was earning from his son. He admired the boy and loved him to pieces, but was so scared of what was happening to him. It was always on his mind, even this night worried him. What if the Kims' son didn't watch him like he promised? What if he lost his mind and hurt someone? It was these questions that recurred so often that scared him so much.

„You'll be asleep when we get home. But I promise to kiss you goodnight, even if you're asleep, okay?" The idea seemed good enough for the boy as he nodded, showing a smile with his bunny teeth on display. His father couldn't help but coo, kneeling down and hugging the boy. „You be good for your babysitter, okay? Don't want you getting into any trouble am I clear?"

„Yes papa." The four year old promised, kissing his father's cheek before turning to see a tall man being led by his mother. She conversed quietly with him, then caught sight of her son and smiled, rushing him over.

„Jungkook! This is Mingyu, Mr and Mrs Kim's eldest son. He will be looking after you for the night." Jungkook simply stared. „Say something baby."

„Hi... Miggu." He spoke up, trying his best to smile, but he felt shy, shuffling behind his father and looking up with doe eyes. Mingyu expressed a soft laugh that made Jungkook break out into a smile.