For fucks sake. If there's one thing I hate more than anything and everything, it's being patronized by a guy who so desperately needs to be fly kicked off his high horse. Even moreso, allowing an asshole to patronize a helpless, naive and head over heels in lo—

My attention quickly shifted to where I had just heard what I'm pretty sure was Adam slapping Ashley across the face. Ashley, who had been standing next to Adam trying to calm him down was now holding her cheek in her hand and scrambling backwards from where Adam's slap had knocked her to the floor.

Adam moved closer, cowering over her, he was about to say something when I saw my left arm stretch over until my hand landed on his shoulder.

Before I know what I was doing or how I had come to be standing behind him, I turned him to face me and said, "hey, fuckface," Just as he turned tp look me in the face, I swung my right arm in what felt like almost a 360º angle and hit him straight on, in the face sending him to the floor. His immediate reaction was to cover his face with his hand,.expecting me to attack again. When he realized that I wouldn't, he removed his hand, his nose was already bleeding and the cut in his lip that had been the result of my unexpected blow to his face, had also started bleeding.

Adam brought his fist up to wipe the blood from his mouth and glowered at me. I glared back at him nonchalantly, then turned to help Ashley to her feet. As our hands met, her eyes widened, in her panic-striken face.

Yeah, of course the unintelligible jerk named Adam was coward enough to try throwing a punch while he's opponent had their back turned. Stupid move, kiddo.

I pulled Ashley up just in time to swerve both of us out of Adam's path. He fell to the floor, missing us by inches as he tried to jump me from behind. I swiftly made my way over to where he was half sitting on the floor, grabbed and pulled him towards me at the collar. His eyes not giving away anything as I whispered in his ear, "Now, I'm not saying you're the smartest person around but it would be the smartest of you to stay away from Ashley from here on out. Oh, and of course to never lift your hands to another female. Consider yourself warned."

He let out a giggle trying to hide the shaking his voice would have clearly displayed as I removed myself from him and approached Ashley once more. She was quivering when I put my arm around her, still trying to register what had just happened when Adam called out, "Ash, I'm so sorry baby, please.. Don't leave me?"

Seriously? Is he serious right now?  Sure, let's let you play that card, Adam. Ashley better not be dumb enough to fall for this.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes until Ashley stopped. I could feel her body tensing under my arm.

No Ash, don't fall for it, I can't help you if you go back, God, please don't fall for it?! I thought but to no avail.

She turned around to face him, searching he's face for a sign of something. Hope? Truth? He noticed this, I could see the smug look in he's eyes behind he's sad, puppy dog facade.

"Ash," he sobbed, "It won't happen again, I promise.. It'll never, I'll change, I just.. I love you, Ash.." he trailed off. Leaving her to have her say.

I looked over to Ashley who just stood there staring at Adam, hoping, praying he was telling the truth, trying to somehow forgive him, convincing herself to try to work things out with Adam. She had obviously been contemplating her answer for too long because Adam, now infuriated yelled, "Oh, c'mon bitch? Isn't it enough that I'm giving you a second chance after you blew me off to sleep with that.. Damien!"

Ashley now broke into sobs and said "That's not.. I didn't.. You don't.." as I looked at the girl behind us, motioning for her to comfort Ashley.

"You fucking little Slut! You're lucky I-" in the blink of an eye, I was straddling Adam, disorientated as I felt my fist meeting a hard surface countless times. I could hear people in the crowd gasping, screaming and cheering but one voice stood out in particular, Elena Anderson.