The Boy with the Vlog Camera

"Hi, I'm David. David Dobrik."
"Audrie. Koshy."
His lopsided grin faded and he stared at my sister. "Sister?" Liza nodded and he looked back at me. "Well, there goes that." I looked at my sister in confusion. Liza looked at David and shook her head. "What, Liza?" I asked. She didn't look away from David.
"Liza, I was joking."
I looked at Liza again.
"David made a joke about wanting to sleep with you. I, being a great big sister, will not allow it to ever happen." David shrugged and grabbed his camera. "That's fine, Liza. She'll just be footage for the vlogs." Liza backed off and walked out of the apartment, Alex and Dom following after her. "So, you're Liza's sister. Interesting." I nodded. "So, you're Liza's ex. Interesting." David laughed and we walked out of the apartment together. "I would like to know more about you Miss Koshy." I grinned. "And I you, Mr. Dobrik." We both laughed and made our way to Liza's car. Alex sat in the front seat messing with Liza's radio and Dom sat in the back on his phone. I climbed in and sat in between Dom and David and part of me felt so awkward. I don't mean because I was in between two very attractive boys, no, I meant that I was getting along well with my sister's ex boyfriend.

"So, how long do you plan on staying?" David looked intently at me as he awaited my response. I shifted closer to Dom and shrugged. "As long as she's here. I don't want to overstay and annoy everyone." Liza almost stopped the car and everyone went silent. My sister looked at me through the rearview mirror. "Don't you ever think that you're going to overstay or annoy anyone. You're a good kid, you've always been, and everyone loves you. They might even love you more than me and I'm adorable." I smiled at Liza and Dom bit his chain. "Nah, girl, you're great. You're Audrie Koshy, baddest bitch of them all." I laughed at Dom's comment and leaned my head on his shoulder. David pulled out his vlogging camera and pressed record. "Dom, did you manage to seduce another innocent girl?" I laughed at David's camera and Dom looked down at me. "Nah, she seduced me." Before I could react his lips were on mine and Alex and David were laughing and screaming like crazy. "Audrie, you now have chlamydia! How do you feel?" I wiped my lips and said, "No I don't. I just cured him." The whole car was then filled with laughter and it seemed that, for the moment, all the tension between everyone ceased to exist. It felt amazing. It felt like there were no problems between Liza and David, like I didn't just meet Alex, Dom, and David. For a single moment I felt safe, appreciated.

We arrived at the guys' house and David just opened the door and barged in. "Do all of you always just barge in?" Dom and Alex shared a look, shrugged and nodded. "Yeah, pretty much," Dom clarified, making me wonder what it would be like if I actually had friends of my own. Not that I'm lonely, I mean, I had friends back in New York.
I walked into the house and was instantly greeted by almost being knocked down by two bodies. "Hi Aud!" Zane and Heath greeted. I smiled and hugged them back. "Hello boys. I just saw you this morning." The boys seemed to remember because they backed away slowly with sheepish grins on their faces. Scott walked over to me with a bottle of water. "Since you aren't old enough to drink yet, and since we don't have any drinks other than alcohol or water, I present you with a water bottle." I gasped overexaggeratedly and took it. "This bottled water is magnificent. I shall drink it and hope it cleanses my body." We both ended up cracking up because we realized that we were being so stupid in front of everyone. "Come on," Scott grabbed my arm. "Everyone's outside. David said he had a surprise for us."
I walked outside and saw everyone running through the gate with bags of an unknown substance. I stopped Heath and asked what was going on. "Oh it's nothing girl, we just gonna throw 1300 pounds of dry ice in this here pool. Go grab some bags, I'll see you in a bit." I chuckled and ran out to see a delivery truck and everyone gathered around grabbing as much as they could carry. I walked over and grabbed one bag and ran back inside the gate.

Once all the ice was inside, David pulled out his camera and started recording. He pointed it at me and said, "If you jump into the pool after all the ice is inside, I'll buy you food." I snorted and looked at all the dry ice around me. "You wish. You're just the boy with the vlog camera, and I'm just the girl who's giving you good footage. Don't push your luck by asking me out. I'll jump into the pool but I ain't going out for anything with you." He laughed as I managed to say that all with a straight face. I laughed along with him because his laugh was extremely contagious. Zane and Elton came outside with bags of dry ice and put them near the pool. Soon after, everyone else came out with the ice and were dumping them just outside the pool. David took out his camera and started walking around the pool. "All right, everyone, on the count of three start pushing it into the pool!" I stood with my broom ready, and waited for the signal. Once he hit 'three' everyone started pushing the ice into the pool. "David, I can't see where the pool starts!" Zane yelled from somewhere behind the ice. I felt a presence behind me. "Sorry babe, but it's for the vlog." I turned and saw Alex before he pushed me into the pool.
I came up screaming from both exhilaration and pain. Everyone was laughing and soon after Scotty jumped into the pool to rescue me. "Hi, I'm here to save you and finally be in the vlogs." I gasped and mock fainted. "Oh my my, thank you so much. But it's still too much Scotty." The whole backyard bursted with laughter and I figured the neighbors would come knocking pretty soon.

Three hours, two showers, and one complaint later, I was sat on Zane's couch eating pizza and watching Grey's Anatomy on the television. I saw David walking towards me and moved over so he could sit on the couch. "I think we're going to be great friends." I scoffed and turned the tv off. "Oh yeah? How so?"
He shrugged, "Just the way we seemed to get along back at my apartment and in Liza's car."
"But you dated her. She even said it herself that anything you were planning could never happen."
"So it won't. I'll just be the boy who vlogs, and you'll just be the girl who gives me footage for the vlogs."
I nodded and sat back and enjoyed my food.

I guess it's true what they say: the world works in mysterious ways. I made a friend through my sister's history, and became a muse all in the same day. And I figured that David Dobrik was correct. But he was always correct.