Chapter 1

Chapter One : Hidden 

Audrina's P.O.V

I was cozily buried beneath my hot pink duvet with my Macbook placed on my lap scrolling through the Centennial College's dorm photo gallery. Tomorrow morning I was setting off to LAX and catching a plane to the cold Canadian city of Toronto to get set up in my shitty little dorm at a community college I didn't even want to go to, pathetic right? Last year for my first year of University I attended UCLA to major in English Literacy and Fashion Design, I absolutely adored the course and the fact that the campus was so close to my home was also a plus, I didn't have to stay at some shared dorm. My mom decided I was more fit for Centennial, whatever that meant. 

After what seemed like hours of beaming fixedly at the computer screen flashing with pictures of the small college dorms that I would call home tomorrow, I wandered around my room one last time taking in the freedom that I would be stripped of tomorrow. My room was almost empty asides from the bed and a few suite cases in the corner of the room. The emptiness of the room was so foreign and strange to me, I couldn't take anymore of this torture. I placed my laptop back into my suite case and set my alarm for tomorrow morning and drifted slowly back to sleep.  

My peaceful slumber was startled when a soft pair of hands gently gripped onto my shoulder and began shaking me back and forth. "Stop" I grumbled as I buried my face back into my pillow shielding my sleepy eyes from the harsh rays beaming from the sun. 

"Come on, you're going to miss your flight," to my surprise when I removed my face from the pillow my best friend Kylie was in my sight. I rubbed my eyes and sat up and reached for my glasses on my night side table and placed them over my eyes.

"What time is it?"

"Seven, go take a shower I'll take your bags to the car" Kylie said as I nodded and wrapped my arms around her shoulder and hauled her in for a cozy side hug. Kylie has been my best friend since the seventh grade and I was beyond grateful that she offered to take me to the airport as opposed to letting my mother and father take me. Kylie arose from the bed and grabbed onto the latch of my hot pink suitecase and began to drag it down the hallway for me as I followed closely behind her and began to saunter towards the bathroom. 

"Baby doll," oh God here we go. 

"Mom" I pipe cheerfully as she wraps her arms around my waist and begins to rock back and forth, thankfully I'm able to wiggle out of her grip. "I'm still upset at you for not letting me take you to the airport" my mom whines as she sniffles and wipes a single tear dropplet off of her cheek. I'm not one of those kids who hates their parents or anything along those lines, I just hated huge goodbye productions, they made me feel uncomfortable. 

"I'm sure you'll manage mommy" I half smile and wrap my arms around her once more and lure her in for another hug. I know she wanted to take me to the airport more then anything so the least I could do right now is hug her and show at least a bit of affection. I freed her from my grasp and continued to pad to the washroom and locked the door behind me. I let the water run for a moment to heat up while I undressed out of my yoga shorts and tank top I shimmied out of the articles of clothing and dropped them into a pool below me. I stepped into the tub and let the hot water droplets pour onto me, occupying me from my worries and stress at least for a bit. 

After what seemed like hours of me just standing underneath the steaming water, Kylie began to call my name. I stepped out of the shower and dried myself off and stepped into my black Victoria Secret leggings and a hot pink hoodie with the words 'Pink' on the back in glittery lettering. I through my hair into a messy bun and ran downstairs and stepped into my brown UGG'S ready to leave. 

"We love you so much sweety, we made this book for you with the numbers to pizza stores, dry cleaning services, and other useful services within the Toronto area. Also the last pages have all of your mother and I's contact information." Said my dad as I tried to half smile but was too distracted by Kylie's giggling from behind me. I grabbed the black journal out of his hand and dropped it into my Michael Kors hand bag and was stunned when both my mother and father wrapped their arms around me. 

"Be safe" my mom cooed as I nodded and ducked out of their reach and kissed their cheeks softly. 

"I will, I love you, bye." I said casually as I turned on my heels and followed Kylie to her Honda Civic parked in the driveway. I plopped into the front seat and grabbed my chunky black sunglasses out of my bag and placed them over my eyes. 

"Hungover?" Questioned Kylie as she began to speed down the road and turned onto a highway as I smirked and nodded, my head was throbbing so badly I found myself unable to reply. "Maybe us throwing you a huge going away party was a bad idea" I began to laugh. Yesterday was amazing, all of my friends threw this huge party at a banquet hall for me and I guess you could say I drank my moving troubles away. "You had like thirty shots" Kylie boasted right on cue with my thoughts.

"Yeah! I don't regret getting plastered though, it was fun." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah" I answered honestly. 

The rest of the drive to the airport was quiet, thankfully. I awkwardly wobbled out of the car and grabbed my suite cases out of the trunk and waited for Kylie to come out and give me a hug. 

"I'll miss you so much" Kylie whimpered against my shoulder as we hugged. I promised myself I wouldn't cry, no I couldn't cry! It was so damn hard though considering this was the last time I'd be with my best friend for at least a couple months. 

"I'll miss you to babe, I'll call you and text you all the time. This isn't the last time we'll see each other don't worry." I assured, more so for myself but I'm sure Kylie wanted to hear the words as well. 

"Yeah, I guess. Be careful okay?" 

"Sure" I said casually as I began to walk towards the airport entrance and glanced back at Kylie one last time and did a small wave. This is it. 

Surprisingly, I had minimal airport hassles and the three hour airplane ride to Toronto passed by rather quickly considering I was asleep during the entire flight. I sleepily got off of the plane and retrieved my suite cases and waited out front of the airport for a vacant cab. A yellow taxi pulled up in front of me and without a thought I threw my luggage into the drunk and gave the directions to the Easton Campus to the taxi driver.

"So where are you from?" The cab driver asked as I shut my eyes and pressed my head against the cool glass of the cars window. 

"California" I replied casually as he smiled at me. Was everyone here this friendly? 

"Alright well we're here, where's your dorm, my niece goes here I know the dorm units pretty well." The cab driver remarked as a look of horror fell onto my face, I doubted his niece went here but I really didn't want to lug my bags around campus searching for my dorm so I handed him my iteniry sheet with all of my dorm information. "Dorm F03" the driver repeated to himself quietly as he swerved around a few buildings and then pulled up to a long narrow building with the letter F on it. "This is it" he beamed as I smiled and got out and glanced at the front of the building, I couldn't complain this building looked a lot nicer then it did on the website. It was about two stories tall but it looked like it was made almost completely out of glass, although you thankfully couldn't see inside. 

"Thanks" I murmured as he got out and helped me get my luggage out of the trunk. "How much?"

"On the house" the cab driver said as he shrugged and I thanked him once again and stepped into the dorm house. I wandered down a hallway with one digit number and stopped in front of the door with the numbers 03 on it. I took one deep breath and then made my way into the dorm.