23. That Guy I Work With pt. 3

Levi's Point of View

Six days earlier (Monday)

Most people hate Mondays, and I understand, but I believe that if you have something to be excited for then you don't necessarily have to hate Monday. For example, on Mondays after school I go to work. I work at Petite's Restaurant. It's in the fair and a sweet small restaurant, sometimes we're busy, other times we're not so much. Anyway, that's not what I'm excited for, it's my break at work I'm excited for. You see, in my break I have 30 minutes to eat, drink, relax and stare at the most handsome guy I've ever seen before, Heath. He doesn't know me, but everyone knows him. He goes to a private school, so the only time I see him is Mondays at work. He works in the fair as well, in the Kissing Booth. 

School had just ended, it was 3.30pm and I had half an hour to get to work, I was on closing duty today, usually it's Alissa on closing-duty but I had to cover for her, she had a thing getting in her way, I didn't mind. I grabbed my bike and rode off to work. 

As I arrived, I greeted Alissa and Tommy on my way to the office to change into my working uniform, black button-up and black jeans. I put on my apron and went out and got started. I went to the kitchen and saw Jeff washing the dishes, after greeting him I went out into the restaurant and received some customers. 

After a couple of minutes, I moved on to a table to clear it, I saw Tommy to my right, clearing another table. It was a nasty one, there had been a meeting of some kind, so a lot of men in suits had sat there earlier. They had ordered a lot of food, but Tommy was a great waiter, he grabbed 8 plates in one hand, placed three wine glasses on top of the plates and held 5 wine glasses in the other hand, when he had stacked it all up, he walked in front of me towards the kitchen. My table was easy, only three girls had eaten, all three of them had ordered salad, I grabbed their plates and glasses and followed Tommy into the kitchen. As he entered the kitchen, the swing doors swung a little too fast and I tried rushing through them before they closed behind me, and I almost succeeded as well, until my apron got stuck in the handle and I dropped the three plates. Luckily I was able to save the glasses, but the noise was loud and startled me. 

"Shit!" I hissed under my breath. Tommy was quick to come help, he took the glasses from my hands and gave them to Jeff. He kneeled down beside me and helped me grab the big pieces of the shattered plates, he looked up at me smiling. "Thanks, I murmured." I was surprised, Tommy never smiles to anyone, well not as often at least.

"No problem" He simply nodded. Then he got up and grabbed the broom from behind the door, sweeping up the remaining small pieces. 

"Dude, for how long have you been a waiter?" Jeff asked sarcastically with a mocking laugh. 

"Shut up, Jeff." I murmured, annoyed at his smug expression, this was not the time for jokes. 

To top it all off, Alissa entered and saw the mess, "Oh, Honey. Do you need training again? Come on pup, pick that mess up" Alissa spat, as if I was just standing there and looking at the mess, couldn't she see the goddamn broom in my hand. As I was about to fire back at her, Jeff felt like he had to add some more salt to the wound. 

"I could probably do that better than you, and I'm the fucking dishwasher" Jeff and Alissa were quick to throw shade whenever they had the opportunity. It was who they were, and I hated that about them, especially when Jeff thought it was okay to joke around with me, we weren't friends so he just did not have any right to speak to me like that. I was about explode but Tommy cut in.

"Why don't you guys mind your own business, Jesus. It's not like it's never happened to any of you idiots." His voice was calm, yet the effect it had on Alissa and Jeff was far from calm. He continued, "Alissa you haven't even found a way to carry more than three wine glasses at a time, and Jeff, let's not talk about the amount of fine china you've ruined by putting it in the machine. So, just... you know, chill the fuck out, everyone..." Tommy's voice slowed down in the end, I think it was because he realised he was standing up for me, usually Tommy never really speaks. He's the type that doesn't really care about anything or anyone, he's just here to do his job and collect the money. He never gets into other peoples business, no drama, nothing. He's cold and mysterious. But the way he stood up for me, had us all wide-eyed. "What?" he added with a raised brow, seemingly bored. He just looked so angry all the time, it was kinda hot, I bet he was great in bed. He then left us all in a state of bewilderment, going back to doing his job.