9. Happy

#9 Happy

Jay’s POV

I just can’t describe this feeling, everything is at that moment where everything is right. When everything has settled down and it’s going slow and nice. Just pure perfection. Well I guess I could describe the feeling, cause that’s exactly how I felt. Pure happiness.

I’m  Jay, I just turned 17 yesterday and my 23 year old brother was home for the weekend. We were supposed to go to an amusement park, but his wife called him and told him his son was sick and he had to come home and watch over him since she had work. He is the cutest little nephew I’ve ever seen. His name is Jacob, and he’s only 1 month old.

I had really looked forward to the amusement park, so I called one of my closest friends and asked if he wanted to join me.

‘’Jakey? Would you maybe join me to the amusement park?

‘’W-When?’’ he asked with a stutter. I loved having such an effect on him, I knew that it was the nickname making him uncomfortable. I always did that to him, it was so cute!

‘’Now?’’ I more of asked.

‘’I’ll be there in five’’ he said where after he hung up. That’s just one of the things I love about him, he’s always there for me. After five minutes, he showed up as promised. He stood next to me next to the bus-stop sign. I looked at him a bit shocked.

‘’You cut your hair?’’ I asked with a grin, ruffling his hair, messing it all up. It was blonde as usual but it had gone from an ugly bowl-cut frits to a short on the side, quiff in the front. He looked ten times hotter.

Wait did that sound weird?

But anyway, it looked great, cause now I could see his green eyes perfectly. The bowl-cut hid half his eyes.

He gave me a death glare as I had completely ruined his hairstyle. I mumbled a ‘’sorry’’ making him run his fingers through it, trying to set up again.

The bus arrived and we sat in the back. The bus was close to empty, it’s also Saturday, who’d go anywhere at this time?

‘’I know you’d get mad if you found out without me telling you, so here it goes. I’m going on a date tomorrow.’’ He blurted quickly as possible. Something inside me sunk.

‘’Wow! That’s great’’ I don’t know why, but I had to fake a smile and act as if I was happy. ‘’So how is she? What does she look like? Do I know her, does she go to our school? Where are you taking her?’’

‘’I’m thinking the Amazing Spiderman and pizza?’’ he said ignoring all my other questions.

‘’Yeah, that sounds great… if you were going out with a dude’’ I teased seriously. ‘’No it has to be romantic chicks dig that.