Chapter 4- Love/Hate Relationships

I shook my head as I recalled last nights adventures with Dylan. Lying on my bed, a customized cloud, I sighed loudly, letting my cloudmate, Lilliana, hear.

"Hey, Arnett, what's wrong? Your sighs are so loud," the lilac haired celestial giggled.

I gave her a crooked grin, and shot back, "Well, Lilly, if only your hair could grow any longer than your butt, I would tell you."

Lilliana gasped and glared at me, invoking another round of giggles from the both of us. She flew over to me, purple specked wings fluttering soundlessly. Landing on my cloud, she knelt over my lithe laying frame and took my hand.

Sapphire eyes probing my face, she sighed, leaned closer, and whispered, "Is it about Dylan?"

My silver eyes widened, and a blush crept up my cheeks. "No," I said adamantly, face burning.

Lilliana's face lit up, and she squealed like a little girl. Getting off her knees, the lilac angel did a little dance across the floor of the cloud. I looked at her quizzically, sitting up from my silk sheets.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing."

"Oh, heck no. I know you're happy about something."

"Of course not! What makes you think that?"

I rolled my eyes. Psht, oh heck, she wasn't happy. She always did her happy dance when she felt cheerful or victorious about something. Sliding off the sheets, a padded over to her, my tank top falling off my shoulder. Grasping her shoulders, stilling her from her dance, I looked straight into her eyes. Lilliana stopped immediately, because she knew I never made skin-to-skin contact with anyone except Dylan.

I took a breath, tightened my grip, and interrogated the angel sternly. "What?"