22. That Guy I Work With pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Did you get my message about my school-hours?" He asked. I nodded. Frank put me to do his schedule, and I can't lie and say I didn't make sure we'd have as many shifts together as possible, without it being too suspicious. 

"And don't worry, today is the only day you have open- and close-up. It's gonna be a hard day today for both of us, but it's only so that you get all your training on one day instead of divided into two days. I usually don't have this long shifts either, but it's necessary for me to teach you how it's done." I handed him his schedule and I gave him a chance to look it over. He sat down on the chair in front of me.

"So... do I have any shifts with you?" He asked, shyly. I looked up at him, confused. Crap, now new thoughts are gonna fuck up my brain. Okay Levi, just don't think about it, he's just curious. 

"Uhm, I think so, Just a sec" I got up and went to my locker to find a copy of my shifts. I handed him my paper so he could compare. I kneeled down beside him, placed my hand on the handle of his chair and pointed out some days. "We have Wednesday afternoons together, see, you meet at 4pm till' 10.30pm you are on closing up-duty with Tommy, I meet at 3pm till' 9pm, and Saturdays we open up together at 7am and both end at 3pm. So we have two days a week together." I looked up at him. 

"Awesome" he smiled and nodded and placed his hand on the handle, accidentally placing his hand on top of mine. He quickly removed it and placed both his hands on his lap, his cheeks turning slightly crimson. 

"Cool, okay, so, is there anything about your schedule that doesn't work?" I asked getting up and putting my schedule back into my-our locker. 

"No, everything's perfect, but- so we close at 10.30pm?" He asked and got up as well. 

"Yes, well, the restaurant closes at 10pm we don't take anyone in after 10, but we go home at 10.30 officially, if everything is done, otherwise we stay and help each other until everything is done. Alright?" I asked, he nodded. "Alright, and one last thing, when Frank meets you two can talk payment, but you'll probably get around the same as the waiters."

"Okay, great" he nodded showing me that he understood.

"Alright, let's get started then." I went out into the shop, and turned the "Sorry, we're closed"-sign around, so everyone could see we were open. I went back to taking the chairs down from the tables and Heath helped. 

***

It was 8pm and the restaurant only had one older couple in. And Heath was in the kitchen, washing dishes, while Alissa and I cleared tables. Frank had left an hour ago. They liked Heath, or well, Alissa did, Frank doesn't really like anyone, and Tommy hadn't met him yet, but I had the feeling he would not like the guy. Heath and Alissa got along pretty well. I love Alissa and all, but she can be such a slut sometimes. She has a boyfriend but she hits on everyone. I was actually surprised she didn't hit on Heath today. Which had me thinking...

I walked towards Alissa and began wiping the same table as her. 

"Dude, what the hell are you doing? I don't wanna do double work, find your own table" She looked at me confused at my actions. I decided to ignore her laziness.

"Hey Ali? How come you haven't hit on the new guy, he's been here around 10 hours already?" I asked confused. 

"Fuck you Levi, I have a boyfriend" She laughed, she knew she was a player, so she didn't mind. We had been friends for a long time, so we could take each others sass. 

"No but seriously, Ali, come on, why haven't you, not even as much as an innocent wink? Who are you?"

"Shut up Levi, beside me having a boyfriend, Heath is one hundred percent gay. I don't bother with the gay ones." She laughed, moving on to another table.