Chapter Three

The next day, Valkyrie woke with a crick in her neck and painful tingling sensation in her feet. She was wearing a nightgown Ginny had conjured for her to have while Molly washed her soot covered dress and it was so long it tangled around her foot during the night, cutting off the circulation. With a tired groan, she untangled herself and stood up, noticing that Ginny was still asleep. Quietly, so as not to wake her, she crept downstairs only to see George sitting at the dining table with his head in his hands. He caught sight of her before she could turn around and said, "It's alright. You can come down."

Valkyrie bit her lip, once again shy, and went to sit down across from George. The boy summoned a cup of freshly brewed coffee with a quick "Accio" and set it before her, "Here, you look like you need this."

Valkyrie nodded thankfully and took a sip, jerking back when it burnt her tongue. George chuckled at her and waved his wand over the drink, cooling it down. Valkyrie gave him a surly look, but continued to drink the coffee.

They sat there as the sun rose, Valkyrie drinking and George watching her. She felt rather self conscious underneath his stare, but she ignored the feeling. Slowly, the rest of the Weasley family came downstairs. Molly, Ginny, and a boy she hadn't seen before.

"This is Ron." Molly introduced, "Ron, this is Valkyrie. She'll be staying with us for a little while."

Ron nodded sleepily and sat down next to her. Valkyrie scooched over a bit to get away from him. George grinned at Ron's offended look.

Molly went into the kitchen to begin making breakfast and Ginny decided to help her leaving Valkyrie alone with the two boys.

"So," Ron said, "Who picked you up?"

George frowned at his choice of words, "I did. She looked like she needed a place to stay and that was that."

Ron grunted and stirred the tea in front of him with his wand. Molly came out of the kitchen, several plates of breakfast foods floating behind her. When the plates landed neatly on the table, Ron reached a hand out, but Molly slapped it, "Not yet, wait for your father."

Ron rolled his eyes, but withdrew his hand. A few minutes later, Valkyrie could hear the purr of a motor pulling up in the dirt driveway. The door opened and an older, red-headed man walked in.

"Hello Molly, Ginny, boys." He said before doing a double take. He began to count the people in the room with his finger before realizing that Valkyrie was not one of his children.

"Who is this?" He asked.

Molly put her hand on his shoulder and directed him to the head of the table, "Arthur, this is Valkyrie. She's going to be our guest for a little while."

Arthur nodded towards Valkyrie, "Well, hello then, and welcome to our humble home."

Valkyrie smiled politely, "Thank you."

Now that Arthur was there, Molly gave the signal and the family practically dived for the food. Valkyrie couldn't even get her hand past Ron, George, and Ginny as the three battled for the bacon. She sighed and reached instead for the eggs, filling up her plate with them and two sausages.

Once everyone had gotten enough food on their plates, Arthur began to try and make conversation with Valkyrie.

"So, where are you from, Valkyrie? Interesting name, by the way, very Norse."

"I'm from Valhalla." Valkyrie replied with a straight face, not expecting Mr. Weasley to believe her. However, his eyes grew wide, "Really? That's amazing! You must tell me all about it."

Valkyrie looked at him dubiously, "Really? You believe me?"

George said through a mouthful of bacon, "Dad will believe the nuttiest things, but go ahead and indulge him if you wish."

So breakfast consisted of Valkyrie describing the golden halls of her home to the wide-eyed Mr. Weasley.

Sorry this is so short.  Please Comment and Vote!