Chapter 3

-not edited-

These are my new parents? They barely looked old enough to be out of high school!

"You guys? But you're so-"

"Young?" Denise finished for me. I nodded and looked at the ground. "We'll explain later but as for now, let's get you home."

Denise and Jeff were a cute couple. Denise had shoulder length black hair and freckles sprinkled across her nose. The blue blazer she was wearing brought out her piercing blue eyes.

Jeff had dirty blonde hair, dull green the eyes, and light stubble growing on his jaw.

As we walked, I noticed Jeff had a Rolex wrapped around his tanned wrist and Denise had a golden locket encrusted in tiny diamonds.

Rich.

"Here we are!" Denise announced after about five minutes of walking.

Wow...we're were pretty close to the school.

I looked ahead of me and I swear I felt my jaw reach the ground. Their house was huge.

It was a two story, yellow house with a cherry red door and a white picket fence surrounding the property.

As I followed the couple through the red door, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed.  This was my fourth home this year. In the back of my head, I really wanted this one to work.

"Guys! Get down here!" Jeff yelled up the stairs. A few seconds later five teenagers were standing at the bottom of the stairs, looking at me curiously.

Denise walked over to me and wrapped her arm around my shoulders."Guys, this is Dillon. She's your new sister."

These were my new brothers and sisters? All of them? There were three boys and two girls.

"Guys why don't you introduce yourselves." Jeff nodded in encouragement at them.

"I'm Randy." the first boy stood up. Randy had curly red hair and dark brown eyes. He stood tall, over six feet I'd say.

"I'm Brandon." Brandon had blonde, almost white hair that went right past his eyebrows, his light blue eyes rimmed with black glasses.

"Charlie." Charlie had light brown hair and green eyes. He stood as tall as Randy and looked like he worked out.

"Hi I'm Brooke. Stupid over there's big sister."

"By two minutes!" Brandon complained. I let out a small chuckle.

Brooke looked just like Brandon except she had darker eyebrows and her long hair faded from blonde to blue as it got to the tips.

I stood patiently as I waited for the last girl to introduce herself. She looked the youngest of the bunch, maybe fifteen or sixteen. She had curly black hair and light hazel eyes. Her skin was a caramel brown and had darker brown freckles speckled across her nose and cheeks.

"That's Blair. She doesn't talk much." Charlie explained.

"Hi Blair. I love your shirt. Issues is my favorite band." I told her.

Her eyes lit up and she smiled at me, showing off her dimples. "You like Issues?"

Issues was an amazing band. I'd seen them I'm concert like eight times and I loved every single moment.

"She talked!" Randy's eyes were wide, "She never talks to people she doesn't know. You must be pretty special Dillon."

I smiled and looked at my converse covered feet.