Chapter 4 : Enter, Jake Andrews

I felt horrendously defeated. Again.

Who knew the most popular guy in school liked stalking other students? I seriously won't believe that he came to the library just to read a book. But then again, I was pretty sure that I had made sure that no one was there when I entered and that no one was following me before I entered. So he entered after I hid in my room.
I had been so good at keeping my cover up until now. But he ruined everything. All in a single day.

Moreover, why did he have to be here?

'There was such a place here?' Jake Andrews asked me suddenly, snapping me out of my thoughts, 'What is behind that door?' He was about to come near me and would've probably entered the tiny room if I hadn't stopped him.

'Nothing! Why are you here?' I tried to put on the meanest facade.
'Just wanted this book.' He held up the copy of "Pride and Prejudice" in his hand.
I glared at him,
'I find that really hard to believe.'
'Suit yourself.'
'Fine!'
I tried my best to make him go away. But he didn't even budge. Instead-
'Woah, wait! Don't tell me you live there!' His eyes widened.
Shit!

I opened my mouth to shut him up but no words came out. I bit my lower lip but my frown remained on my brows.
'You live there, don't you?' His tone was calmer and more sure now.
I was internally panicking.
Not him of all people!
He pursed his lips. I lowered my gaze.

No one spoke for a while.
'The floor's pretty interesting, huh?' His voice suddenly sounded.
What?
'Look, I don't care why you're here but don't tell anyone about anything you saw right now.' I said desperately, my voice becoming louder, 'You understand?'
Suddenly an amused expression dawned on his face. A sly smirk tugged at his lips. A chill ran down my spine. He was surely thinking something up.

Dang it! The most popular guys always turn out to be the slyest ones. He was definitely gonna take advantage of this situation.

After a few seconds,
'Hm, okay. I won't reveal anything.'
I internally breathed a sigh of relief.
'But-'
Yup, not relieved at all.
'- I have a condition.'
Knew it!
I glared a few more daggers at him,
'What condition?' I said in the angriest tone possible.
He smirked again. I couldn't look away.

Ugh! Why did he have to be so attractive?

'You won't run away from me and you will answer my questions.'
'Those are two conditions.'
He shrugged playfully but he still looked pretty smart.
I frowned in defeat again.

'So, what do you say?'
What could I say? But wait,
'This is just another one of those lame pranks that you guys play, right? Troubling us not-so-popular girls?'
His smirk momentarily disappeared. A hurt look replaced his amused expression.
'No, that'd probably be my friends. I'm not into such uncool stuff.'
Uncool stuff?
But his face depicted pure honesty for that moment so I realized he wasn't lying. So then- he might just be that one someone who wanted to befriend me by using a desperate approach!

I sighed heavily,
'Alright. I'll believe you and agree to your conditions.' I answered, putting emphasis on the s, 'Just don't reveal anything.'

As soon as that word had left my mouth, his lips stretched out into a genuine and strikingly beautiful smile.
How could a person possibly look so devilishly handsome?

Never Fated To Be |✅|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें