Chapter 3 - Meant to be

Start from the beginning

Shivers coursed down Jesse's back, eyes widening and jaw dropping as he stared at the man. Even the wolf beside him shot them both a look when neither moved or responded, before an understanding smirk slipped over the man's face and he lowered the vampire back on his feet.

The instant the vampire's feet touched the floor, he moved and before Jesse could blink, his nose was pressed against a warm throat. Head tucked underneath the man's chin and his fingers resting loosely against a wide chest. Unable to resist, Jesse inhaled deeply, his heart skipping a beat before thrumming in excitement.

Home.

He heard the vampire inhale above his head, a puff of warm breath ruffling his hair as Jesse relaxed in his hold and snuggled a little bit closer. Who cares that he still had two hours to go on his shift and that he was currently neglecting his job?

Jesse finally found what he had been looking for all his life. A place where he belonged, a pair of strong arms that would welcome him, treasure him and carry him when he faltered. He shivered, tears of joy dripping from his eyes and soaking the man's shirt before a finger gently grazed the skin of his throat, lifting his chin up.

 He shivered, tears of joy dripping from his eyes and soaking the man's shirt before a finger gently grazed the skin of his throat, lifting his chin up

"Hi." The deep voice of his mate rumbled through Jesse's ear as he looked up at the tall stature of his mate, a sheepish smile sliding over his lips as the pixie realized something.

He was feeling shy! Jesse was never shy, he was outspoken and knew when to keep his teasing to himself and his mouth shut, but he'd never been shy before!

"Hi.." He lamely said, tucking his head back in the vampire's throat, causing the man to chuckle warmly as he pulled Jesse closer to his body. All this time, trying to imagine how he'd meet his mate, Jesse never expected that he would save his mate from an angry werewolf.

His body tensed and as if sensing his thoughts, his mate sighed deeply before explaining, "I was just joking but it seems drunk me doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut." Jesse shook his head, a smile slipping on his lips as he looked up.

"What exactly did you say that pissed him off?" He asked, flashing his eyes towards the dancing pair to indicate who he was talking about. The man sighed slightly before shrugging. "The wolf bumped into me and snarled something under his breath. Told him he needed to get laid before his boy would kick him to the curb."

Jesse rolled his eyes as he couldn't believe the nerve his mate had. "You could've been killed!" He exclaimed, slapping the vampire on the chest before he was pulled back in his embrace. "But I wasn't. And through this, I finally found you, my precious. Which brings me to the next question; might I know your name, darling?"

He blushed, eyes falling to the floor as he came to realize that they never exchanged names in the first place. How embarrassing!

"Jesse."

The vampire snickered, making the pixie look up as he spoke, "And I'm James." Jesse was confused for a moment before his eyebrows knitted together and he pointed a stern finger in his mate's face.

"You are not going to refer to us as team Rocket." He growled, which only allowed James to snicker and pull him tighter to his body, his fingers dancing underneath Jesse's shirt as they slipped in his pants, tracing the dip in his back.

"Well, I'll guess I'll surrender now, or do I need to be prepared to fight?" 

Jesse once again slapped his vampire on the chest but secretly enjoyed the roaring laughter that escaped the man. He felt giddy, happy that he finally found his mate and he longed for his forever after that would soon follow.

Within minutes, the rumors had spread across the club and Jesse was swarmed with coworkers and locals that wanted to congratulate them. Even Lucca was there, hugging Jesse warmly and pressing a kiss on his forehead. "See, told ya you'd find your mate."

Jesse grinned, looking back as he was quickly drawn back in James' arms, a scowl burning fiercely on his mate's face as he glared down the incubus. "Find your own mate." James bit out, making the incubus laugh and nod his head.

"I will." Lucca grinned before his expression turned serious, eyes glowing as he let his powers come to the surface. "Break Jesse's heart and I'll rip yours out slowly to watch you die a drawn out death."

Surprisingly, James didn't snarl or react to the threat other than to nod his head. "That goes without saying." Lucca grinned and clapped James on the shoulder, giving another wink at Jesse before he mingled back in the crowd, no doubt in search of another willing victim for the night.

Jesse grinned, cuddling up to his mate. His mate...it felt so good to think those words. He would bring James home with him, share their first kiss, their first touch...He shivered in excitement, knowing that tonight was the best night of his life.

Nothing could ruin this moment.

Absolutely nothing.