Chapter 1 - Business as usual

The loud voices of some irritated humans trying to sneak past the bouncers pierced through the evening, alerting Jesse to the fact that yet again, some human teens were trying to sneak in with fake ID's.

He didn't know why they kept trying; Ivy was one of the top notch paranormal clubs and they held onto some very strict rules. Patrons had to be of age to enter since no sane supernatural wanted any hassle with going after an under aged kid.

They could ask for one of Ivy's well-known bracelets, which would allow them entrance but would alert all supernatural that approached the patron, that they were dealing with a young adult.

Vampires knew not to take a feeding, the incubi and succubae that roamed the floors might be tempted to sample the forbidden fruit but they all knew that the club followed its rules strictly. And nobody wanted to be tossed out of the club or worse, be permanently barred out.

Jesse approached the heated conversation, easily squirming himself passed the two hotheads up front. The two youngsters seemed to have lost all common sense, with the way they were eying the Berserkers as if they could take them down in a fight.

Placing his hands on the two male teens, he pushed them aside gently while nodding at the Berserkers with a teasing smile curling his lips.

"Darrel, Quinton. What's the issue here?" He spoke softly while glancing at the small group that gathered around. The two up front weren't the only ones trying to sneak their way in, as one girl stood behind the blonde male while two other guys held themselves more to the back in quiet submission.

Quinton sighed deeply while Darrel had to suppress a groan at the arrival of the pixie. Darrel rolled his eyes slightly and quietly held up the five fake ID's with a pointed look at the group in front of him.

Jesse grinned, turning to the humans while cocking his head. "Trying to sneak in are we? Tough luck fellas, Ivy is nearly impenetrable for troublemakers and under aged teens. Then again, if you had only informed after the bracelets..." The humans didn't seem to know what to make of the cocky pixy but one of the girls seemed to perk up at the mentioning of jewelry.

"Bracelets?"

"Got your attention now huh?" Jesse thought to himself with amusement but smiled pleasantly at the young woman. "Yes, bracelets. We have a strict policy merely there to protect underaged clientele. However, we do allow them to enter, only after they put on one of our bracelets."

One of the males eyed Jesse with suspicion, glancing from the girl at his side to the two Berserkers that glared at them. "What's so special about these bracelets?" It seemed that it was what Jesse was waiting for as he fished one of said bracelets out of his pockets.

As if by magic, the humans would swear later on.

Jesse grinned as he showed them the elegant bracelet that symbolized the club so well.  The light glinted of the silver and green poison ivy leaves as the pixie walked closer to the humans, dangling the bracelet in the air.