Chapter 11

Quentin's POV

Tay hadn't called me in about 2 weeks, I figured I would ride over there and see what she was talking about. I know she missed me. I pulled up to the house and smiled. I had missed her. I parked and walked inside, things were quiet, and Tay's car was parked outside. She probably had gone somewhere with Kinah, so I just sat down and turned on the TV. I found myself dozing off, and time was passing past. I checked my messages and had a few.

Dev : Meet up later, money talk. 💸

Malik : Come by the crib later. Got some shit to tell you.

Syrah : I miss you handsome, 😩 and this baby of yours is giving me a headache.

I locked my phone back but not before looking at the time. I had got here around 2:30 and it was 7:00 in the evening. Damn near getting dark outside. I dialed Tay's number and she didn't pick up, that didn't scare me, I just dialed Kinah's number. She picked up after the third ring.

"Ayo yo Kinah wussup?"

"Not much, what's up?"

"Um have you heard from Tay? I been at the crib for about 2 hours or some waiting on her."

"Q..I haven't heard from here since we went out about 2 weeks ago, I thought she would call me, but I have been worried about her. I didn't know who to call, I didn't want to worry her mother or sisters and I didn't remember your number."

This intake Kinah was feeding me was all new. I tried my best to stay calm and breath.

"Okay, Kinah. Ima make sure I see wussup and I promise I'll give you a call."

Click.

I hung up the phone and sat there baffled, this wasn't even like Tay. She always called or checked or did some. I gathered my thoughts and ran upstairs, I went through some things and found nothing. Everything looked normal. Like it hadn't been touched in days. I was getting nervous now, and my head was starting to hurt, so was my chest. It felt like it was getting tight. I wobbled downstairs and grabbed a bottle of water. What the fuck is going on? I thought to myself. I drove over to Devin's crib, so i could try to gather my thoughts. Once I got there I saw Malik there.

"Wussup?" I asked walking through the door grabbing the bottle that was on the table.

"Nigga what the fuck wrong with you? You sweating in shit? Somebody chasing yo ass?" Dev got up looking out the door I had just came in.

"Naw, man we got an issue. I think Tay is missing."

"Missing?" Malik asked looking at me.

Dev through me a towel to wipe off and laughed, "She ain't missing bro I just saw her ass in the club last week, she was with her girl Kinah. Not to mention she had some nigga all up on her."

"That bitch Kinah lied then, she told me she hadn't seen Tay. She was just covering for her." I was tight now, I called her thinking she was being 1k about seeing Tay and she was covering for her.

"Man bro you know them hoes tight, but look a here I gotta job for us. In and out." Dev said laying a manila envelope on the table.

"Nigga what kind of job what the fuck you talking bout?" Malik asked puffing on the black and mild he had just lit.

My mind had went blank, I just sat there and heard them talk. I didn't understand anything, I heard them but I wasn't following them. My mind was still on Tay. I know I had fucked up with Syrah and all but she was out in the club with another nigga and my boy saw it. Damn, was all I could think for real.

"Quentin?!" Dev hollered at me, "Is you in or out nigga?"

"I'm in, i'm in! Shit, when we do this?"

"Now, let's roll."

"This awful quick for a robbery nigga," Malik said walking out the door to the car.

I didn't hear shit, I just got in the backseat and grabbed the black. I wasn't for blunts but that's what the fuck i sure wished this was. I needed a hit or something. Hopefully whatever we was about to do would take my mind off of this shit. Something still didn't feel right.

We pulled up to this house warehouse, it looked abandoned, I'm talking bout this was on some creepy shit.

"Load up," Dev said handing me a gun. We hopped out car and walked down the hill to the entrance. Dev looked in first. He held up 3 fingers to let us know 3 people were inside. Dev went first, and me and malik followed suit. We left of shots and didn't give a fuck, we shot any and everything moving. When it cooled down and the smoke cleared, Dev and Malik went a loaded up all the stuff. They had pills, dope, weed, money even more money. I went to see who the marks was. I walked up to my first one and didn't know who he was just another nigga with dreads, the second nigga was a little nigga he was short and stubby with a clean cut, and the third nigga looked familiar, he was darkskin with dreads. I moved his hair out his face and almost threw up. I ran over to the table and looked at the dope, i knew this all to well. It was Kemmah's dope. And the third victim was Keenan, Keemah's son and Syrah's brother.

"Dev!!!! Who the fuck told you about this lick?" He was to busy loading up so he didn't hear me, I ran over to him and put the gun to his head, "Devin please tell me who the fuck told you about this lick! Do you know who dope this is? Do you know? Do you know what we just did. We just started a fucking war."

"War, wait what you mean Q?" Malik asked looking at me, trying to figure out what was going on.

"This is Keemah's shit!! All of this, and that is Keenan over there in the floor. Keemah's fucking son. Do you know this is his dope nigga? What the fuck was you thinking nigga? This nigga not gonna wanna hear no "We didn't know" shit he gone want blood and he gone come looking for it Dev, man what the fuck?" I was crying.

They were both quiet, Devin walked up to me and tried to grab me but i Wasn't feeling it. I pushed him away, "Get the fuck off me nigga, come on get the shit and get the fuck out of here." I pulled a lighter out my pocket and lit the place on fire, I didn't want nobody to be able to tie that shit back to us. I knew it was about to be blood shed in these streets and I just wanted to make sure it didn't get back to me and my boys, but on top of that problem. I had to find Tay.

We got back up in the car and didn't look back not one time, for what? So we could see the pain we had caused. I knew it was gonna be some blood shed behind this. I just hope it didn't tie back to us. I told Devin and Malik to drop me off at Syrah's house. Yea I knew it was dirty but I  was gonna play it cool until I knew what all was going down.

I walked in and she was standing up in the kitchen listening to somebody on the phone. She had tears falling from eyes and seemed so hurt. I was sure I knew the reason but what business of mine was it. She hung up the phone and walked over to the couch and sat down.

"Somebody killed my brother, somebody from up here. My father is on the way up here." She said in the most calmest way like she knew who had done it.

"What do you mean killed him? What was he doing up here?" I tried my best to stay poised but i could feel myself start sweating.

She stood back up and rubbed her belly. I didn't wanna risk her looking at me and see me sweating bullets so I took a chance and stood up too. I decided to walk back to her bedroom.

"I don't know what he was doing up here....he was handling business, I guess but one thing I can't do is stress. We gotta plan a baby shower right.