The Aftermath☯

Alessia's mom, Anne's POV:

"Harry, did Alessia call you?", I asked my husband.

"No, why?"

"She's not picking up her phone! I'm scared. I hope she's safe..."

"Anne, come on! Nothing would happen to her. She's my brave girl. Chill! She's alright."

Harry was watching TV at that time. He switched the channel to watch the news. The news reporter announced:

"A terrorist attack at London; Some shops and buildings destroyed; 24 people dead; 19 severely injured."

"Oh my god! No!! Alessia! Harry, look, my daughter!", I cried.

"Let me call someone to know the details. Look, don't worry. Alessia is safe. Okay? Just don't worry, Anne"

Alessia's dad, Harry's POV:

"Sir, this is the list of people who died in that attack. Few are yet to be identified. You can take a look at the list.", said the police officer to me.

There were almost 15-20 names on that list. Whenever I saw a name starting with 'A', my heart would skip a beat. But then, I saw. I saw my daughter's name on the list of dead people.

I took a step back, breathing heavily. I felt like screaming. But I didn't. My daughter, my angel, my Alessia, was no more. Now I can't talk to her, I can't buy her all her favourite novels, I can't scold her for her mischief, I can't wish her on her birthday, I can't. I can't live without her. How would I even tell this to her mother? Anne would die if I told her. She cannot handle this. I cannot handle this. No, no, this can't be true. Alessia cannot just leave us here alone.