Chapter 14

Mackenzie’s POV:

“Oh my gosh. Peyton we have to leave. I can’t be here,” I said frantically.

“What’s wrong, Kenz?” He asked me.

“That’s Ryan’s car. He’s here. I can’t be here I just can’t,” I said, tears threatening to fall down my face.

“Mackenzie, calm down. Why is he here?” He asked.

“I don’t know. Maybe to catch up with my brother. Or to make sure that I broke up with you. And probably kill me if I didn’t. Peyton please let’s just go. Take me somewhere, anywhere. Anywhere but here,” I said, tears now streaming down my face.

“Stay here,” he said, opening his car door.

“PEYTON NO! YOU CAN’T GO IN THERE!” I yelled.

“Stay. Here. Trust me,” he said and he got out of the car.

I watched him walk up to my front door, open it, and step in.

Peyton’s POV:

I walked through the door and I could hear two voices coming from the kitchen, so that’s where I went.

“Oh, hey Peyton. I didn’t hear you walk in!” Mackenzie’s brother, Tommy, said.

They were sitting at the kitchen table, but Ryan was facing away from me so I couldn’t see his face when Tommy said my name.

“Yeah I just came to do something for Mackenzie,” I said.

“What’s that?” Tommy asked.

“Don’t worry, it doesn’t involve you. Uhm, Ryan can I speak to you for a second?” I asked.

Ryan’s POV:

Who the hell does this guy think he is. He just walks into Mackenzie’s house like he owns the place, barges into the kitchen and demands to talk to me?!

“Sure, whatever,” I said calmly.

We walked out of the kitchen and I followed Peyton into a room that looked like a game room, and he shut the door behind us.

“What do you want, pretty boy,” I asked with sarcasm.

He was about half a foot shorter than me. He had muscles, but I had the advantage of being hefty but strong. I could definitely take him down in minutes.

“What you did to Mackenzie was not okay. She and I are together, and I’m sorry that you don’t like it, but that’s how it is. You HIT A GIRL. And not just any girl, you hit my girlfriend. You hit a girl that you claim to “love.” If you really loved Mackenzie you would accept the fact that wants to be with me and you definitely wouldn’t hit her. So I think you need to just back off, okay? Mackenzie doesn’t want you in her life anymore,” he said, and then he started to turn away.

Peyton’s POV:

The blow came from my right side and I wasn’t really expecting it. My ribs burned as I turned around and threw a punch as hard as I could. I hit Ryan right in the nose and it started bleeding. It obviously didn’t phase him because he grabbed my sweatshirt and threw me to the ground. My arms were pinned and I knew that I had no way of fighting back. He started hitting me over and over again. I got a glimpse of his evil smile right before I blacked out.

Mackenzie’s POV:

I waited for about 15 minutes and started to get worried. Finally I decided I couldn’t handle it anymore and I had to make sure Peyton was okay. I went inside and found Tommy in the kitchen alone.

“Hey have you seen Peyton?” I asked him.

“Yeah, he and ryan went into the game room about 20 minutes ago. I don’t know what they’re up to but it seemed like I should stay out of it,” he said.

I ran as fast as I could to the game room and threw open the door.

What I saw was the most frightening thing I had ever seen. My heart stopped beating for a few seconds and I froze in place. Peyton was laying on the floor, his face bleeding and his eyes closed, not moving at all. At first I thought he was dead, but his chest was rising and falling in an erratic pattern. Ryan was standing over top of him just staring at him with this furious look in his eyes.

“WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!” I screamed at him as I ran to help Peyton.

Ryan grabbed my arm and pulled me up from my kneeling position. He rammed me against the wall and shoved his tongue into my mouth. By this point I was crying so hard that I was too weak to try and stop him. He started to take my pants off when my brother ran into the room.

“What’s going on?!” He said, confused and scared.

Ryan was distracted so I used this to my advantage. I kicked him right in his manhood as hard as I could and he fell to the ground. I ran to Peyton again and told Tommy to call the 9-1-1.

When the ambulance got there to take Peyton away I had to go with him. The cops wanted to stay and question me but I refused. I told them that if they wanted me to answer there questions then they would have to question me at the hospital. There was no way I was leaving Peyton’s side.